Two-player walk-about

Tried it with my brother for the first time. Not bad.

Some observations:

The pedestrian spawning distance is relative to CJ, which means the other
player can go walk among the spawning/unspawning people. Rather eerie when
it happens right next to you.

If the other player gets the Law angry, the Law takes it out on CJ.

Fun things to do:

(1) Two-player stand-off with the Law, of course.

(2) This is one of the funniest: play Potato-Chucker: using only grenades,
see who can kill the other guy. Do it in a street, where the peds and Law
can get upset about it.

(3) Same thing, but with the weapons of your choice. (Unfortunately, the
Rocket Launcher doesn't work. The Mini-Gun works, but you can't aim -- just
sweep.)

(4) Same thing, fists only.

(5) Ride on the last car of a flatbed train and wail on anything that
moves.

(6) Play Hide and Seek. Go to a complicated area with lots of potential
hiding spots. Hide the "other" person while the CJ-player isn't looking,
then let the CJ-player try and find her/him. (Don't hide CJ; the
ped-spawning thing will help in locating him.) Rules: CJ must have the
camera; no switching to the mode where the camera watches both players. And
no using a car, which obeys the "short distance" rules -- even when CJ has
the camera. (When CJ has the camera (actually, either player -- just not
the mode where the camera follows both simultaneously), he can travel much
further away from the other character, and he gets a message when he starts
to go out of range.)

--cleve

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
> Tried it with my brother for the first time. Not bad.
>

> Fun things to do:

Oh yeah:

(7) Fly the Sea Sparrow. Get in 3-star+ trouble and blast Cop-ters and
Hydras. (Both players can shoot. The pilot can use the Sea Sparrow's guns;
the passenger can use a Drive-By weapon.)

--cleve

"Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote in message
> Tried it with my brother for the first time. Not bad.

I like to airplane surf when my a friend comes over. He gets on top of the
plane and I fly it. I can control the plane low enough for him to shoot
people or cars on the ground. Always good for laughs.

Cleve wrote:

> Tried it with my brother for the first time. Not bad.
>
> Some observations:
>
> The pedestrian spawning distance is relative to CJ, which means the other
> player can go walk among the spawning/unspawning people. Rather eerie when
> it happens right next to you.
>
> If the other player gets the Law angry, the Law takes it out on CJ.

But if CJ is doing most of the fighting back the cops will sometimes
round on the softer target

> Fun things to do:
>
> (1) Two-player stand-off with the Law, of course.
>
> (2) This is one of the funniest: play Potato-Chucker: using only grenades,
> see who can kill the other guy. Do it in a street, where the peds and Law
> can get upset about it.
>
> (3) Same thing, but with the weapons of your choice. (Unfortunately, the
> Rocket Launcher doesn't work. The Mini-Gun works, but you can't aim -- just
> sweep.)
>
> (4) Same thing, fists only.
>
> (5) Ride on the last car of a flatbed train and wail on anything that
> moves.
>
> (6) Play Hide and Seek. Go to a complicated area with lots of potential
> hiding spots. Hide the "other" person while the CJ-player isn't looking,
> then let the CJ-player try and find her/him. (Don't hide CJ; the
> ped-spawning thing will help in locating him.) Rules: CJ must have the
> camera; no switching to the mode where the camera watches both players. And
> no using a car, which obeys the "short distance" rules -- even when CJ has
> the camera. (When CJ has the camera (actually, either player -- just not
> the mode where the camera follows both simultaneously), he can travel much
> further away from the other character, and he gets a message when he starts
> to go out of range.)
>
> --cleve

word of warning, though with two reasonably competent players it's no
biggy. I had this little game of taking a chopper as high as I could
(seasparrow of course) then both jump out, no chutes. If you're lucky
the chopper survives the impact and you can get in again, only
sometimes the second person will drag the first person out, it doesn't
matter which way round it happens and the first person then sinks to
the bottom of the sea... alive! He/she can run around down there but
obviously if either goes out of range the two player is over, so if
you were having a lot of fun you have to start over again. The only
way to get the person off the bottom is to run towards shore and find
a slope. Or to let the thing go by going out of range or the remaining
player killing themselves.
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

word of warning, though with two reasonably competent players it's no
biggy. I had this little game of taking a chopper as high as I could
(seasparrow of course) then both jump out, no chutes. If you're lucky
the chopper survives the impact and you can get in again, only
sometimes the second person will drag the first person out, it doesn't
matter which way round it happens and the first person then sinks to
the bottom of the sea... alive! He/she can run around down there but
obviously if either goes out of range the two player is over, so if
you were having a lot of fun you have to start over again. The only
way to get the person off the bottom is to run towards shore and find
a slope. Or to let the thing go by going out of range or the remaining
player killing themselves.

Without drowning, I take it? Interesting. I'll have to try that. I assume
you mean the Sea Sparrow, over water.

Hmm. Interesting way of exploring under water, perhaps.

I noticed that if you both jump out over LAND, you survive, too -- both with
a little tag of life left.

--cleve