3.5 Floppy Drive Replacement

I have a beige Pentium III "Performance" 866 mhz system purchased in
August 2000. The floppy drive has died and it needs to be replaced. I
wanted a recommendation as to what drive would fit the system properly
and install easily. If possible, I'd like to purchase the drive from
Newegg.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tracy

Any standard drive will work fine - buy whichever you'd like; they should
all be around $10 or less.
You may want to buy a new cable with the drive - they do go bad,
particularly when disconnected-reconnected.

"Tracy" <muppettracy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a beige Pentium III "Performance" 866 mhz system purchased in
> August 2000. The floppy drive has died and it needs to be replaced. I
> wanted a recommendation as to what drive would fit the system properly
> and install easily. If possible, I'd like to purchase the drive from
> Newegg.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> -Tracy

TR

On 27 Jul 2004 13:09:09 -0700, muppettracy@hotmail.com (Tracy) wrote:

>wanted a recommendation as to what drive would fit the system properly
>and install easily.

Tracy, the 3 1/2 went out on my essential after the warranty ran out.
I called Gateway (business support) and asked them about the same
think you are asking so I would make sure I didn't get into any
hardware conflict sort of thing on purchasing a replacement. The nice
lady at Business Support told me not to worry about it, she would get
one out in the mail that day. I informed her that I WAS out of
warranty and she said no problem, those drives were a "dime a dozen"
and they would be more than happy to just ship me one. The drive
showed up two days later.

Sooo.... give them a call and see if you can get someone as nice as I
did and you might not have to deal with what type, brand, color,
language, left-hand/right-hand etc... etc.....

Regards,
TR