help me get started with Embedded devices using Am29C020 c..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

Hi,

I would like some places to start to get the easiest program
programmed into
an AM29C020 EEprom to boot a single board computer.

I imagine seeing DOS or Linux booting up to say "Hello, World".

First I just want to see this thing boot to something else instead of
the WinCE that it boots to.

After that I can try to figure out how to program them myself with
some other programs. Embedded computers seem like fun!

Thanks!

heirbrande wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like some places to start to get the easiest program
> programmed into
> an AM29C020 EEprom to boot a single board computer.
>
> I imagine seeing DOS or Linux booting up to say "Hello, World".
>
> First I just want to see this thing boot to something else instead of
> the WinCE that it boots to.
>
> After that I can try to figure out how to program them myself with
> some other programs. Embedded computers seem like fun!

Since you like the fun part, you might find the stuff you need at
mini-itx.com, and it's a great visit even if you don't, because they
cater to those who have carried embedded computing to ridiculous extremes.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)

TRENDING THREADS