PPC604e PGA Pinout.

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:14:23 +0200, sds <sdsnet-spam@free.fr> wrote:

>Hi.
>Anyone know where i could find it?

Uhh.. did ya check www.intel.com ? Seriously. Intel has the most
complete documentation of any processor company out there, full
pin-out shouldn't be all that hard to track down (hint: it's probably
in the data sheets for the Xeon processors).

-------------
Tony Hill

Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >Anyone know where i could find it?
>
> Uhh.. did ya check www.intel.com ? Seriously. Intel has the most
> complete documentation of any processor company out there, full
> pin-out shouldn't be all that hard to track down (hint: it's probably
> in the data sheets for the Xeon processors).

I think he means PowerPC 604e, not Socket 604

--
Nate Edel http://www.nkedel.com/

"I do have a cause though. It is obscenity. I'm for it." - Tom Lehrer

Tony Hill wrote:

> Uhh.. did ya check www.intel.com ? Seriously. Intel has the most
> complete documentation of any processor company out there, full
> pin-out shouldn't be all that hard to track down (hint: it's probably
> in the data sheets for the Xeon processors).

Intel makes PowerPC CPUs? ;-)

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/products/PowerPC_604e_Microprocessor

> - Franc Zabkar

Thanks.
Actually i have allready been there :)
I have only found the BGA pinout so far, besides in the pdf document:

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/F158B0815C18E78087256AE8006BA3D5/$file/pid9q604e3_v1_4.pdf
On page 16 the sentence: "IBM both offer a ceramic ball grid array (CBGA)
package. IBM CBGA packages have identical pinouts." don't make much sense
to me!

Did they mean to say: "IBM both offer a ceramic ball grid array (CBGA) AND A
PIN GRID ARRAY (PGA) package. IBM CBGA AND PGA packages have identical
pinouts." ???

The chip does exist in a PGA package because I have one, so they have made
at least one!

Nate Edel wrote:

> Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> >Anyone know where i could find it?
>>
>> Uhh.. did ya check www.intel.com ? Seriously. Intel has the most
>> complete documentation of any processor company out there, full
>> pin-out shouldn't be all that hard to track down (hint: it's probably
>> in the data sheets for the Xeon processors).
>
> I think he means PowerPC 604e, not Socket 604

Yep that's right it's the old PowerPC 604e made by IBM/Motorola.
IBM name it PPC604e and motorola MPC604e.
I have a 200Mhz version in an IBM RS6000 model 140 computer.

keith

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:30:48 +0200, sds wrote:

> Franc Zabkar wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:14:23 +0200, sds <sdsnet-spam@free.fr> put
>> finger to keyboard and composed:
>>
>>>Hi.
>>>Anyone know where i could find it?
>>

> http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/products/PowerPC_604e_Microprocessor
>>

>> - Franc Zabkar
>
> Thanks.
> Actually i have allready been there :)
> I have only found the BGA pinout so far, besides in the pdf document:
>
> http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/F158B0815C18E78087256AE8006BA3D5/$file/pid9q604e3_v1_4.pdf
> On page 16 the sentence: "IBM both offer a ceramic ball grid array (CBGA)
> package. IBM CBGA packages have identical pinouts." don't make much sense
> to me!

I read that too (looking for the same information). It makes sense to me.
"We sold only the BGA parts, so the documentation was purged of all
instances of 'PGA'". ;-)

> Did they mean to say: "IBM both offer a ceramic ball grid array (CBGA)
> AND A PIN GRID ARRAY (PGA) package. IBM CBGA AND PGA packages have
> identical pinouts." ???

It could be, but I somehow doubt it. Are the pins in the same
configuration?

> The chip does exist in a PGA package because I have one, so they have
> made at least one!

It may have never existed in the wild, so the documentation doesn't
support it.

--
Keith

TRENDING THREADS