Startup Help!

Like so many others I have a whole bunch of junk that loads on startup -
most of which I didn't put there. They were put there by the stuff that
Gateway loads onto your machines and, often unknown to me, by programs I've
added subsequently. Trouble is when I look at all that's there in
msconfig/startup I don't recognize most of them so don't know which to
uncheck or leave untouched. I've tried unchecking some and have even gone so
far as to disable all ... and don't see any difference in how my machine
operates, except that my anti-viral program shuts down.

Here's the meat of my question. I do recognize some items on the list as
coming from programs that I have uninstalled and are no longer on my
machine. How do I delete items from the Startup list that you see under
Startup in Msconfig? Appreciate the help. Denzil.

Denzil;
See this link:
Line 148, Right column "Clear Disabled items from..."

Also see # 12 on this link:

Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
> Like so many others I have a whole bunch of junk that loads on
startup -
> most of which I didn't put there. They were put there by the stuff
that
> Gateway loads onto your machines and, often unknown to me, by
programs I've
> added subsequently. Trouble is when I look at all that's there in
> msconfig/startup I don't recognize most of them so don't know which
> uncheck or leave untouched. I've tried unchecking some and have even
gone so
> far as to disable all ... and don't see any difference in how my
machine
> operates, except that my anti-viral program shuts down.
>
> Here's the meat of my question. I do recognize some items on the
list as
> coming from programs that I have uninstalled and are no longer on my
> machine. How do I delete items from the Startup list that you see
under
> Startup in Msconfig? Appreciate the help. Denzil.

Oops, I missed the link:

"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> Denzil;
> See this link:
> Line 148, Right column "Clear Disabled items from..."
>
> Also see # 12 on this link:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Like so many others I have a whole bunch of junk that loads on
> startup -
> > most of which I didn't put there. They were put there by the stuff
> that
> > Gateway loads onto your machines and, often unknown to me, by
> programs I've
> > added subsequently. Trouble is when I look at all that's there in
> > msconfig/startup I don't recognize most of them so don't know
which
> > uncheck or leave untouched. I've tried unchecking some and have
even
> gone so
> > far as to disable all ... and don't see any difference in how my
> machine
> > operates, except that my anti-viral program shuts down.
> >
> > Here's the meat of my question. I do recognize some items on the
> list as
> > coming from programs that I have uninstalled and are no longer on
my
> > machine. How do I delete items from the Startup list that you see
> under
> > Startup in Msconfig? Appreciate the help. Denzil.

Rocket

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2001

Black Viper's website has kept a detailed listing of WinXP (Home & Pro)
configurations.
Definitely worth the time spent reading his extensive work:
Rocket