verizon service at 1900

Last response: in Network Providers
July 14, 2005 5:59:28 PM

I would like to use a phone in 1900MHz only. Is there a way to set the
phone so that it defaults to a 1900MHz and stay there. The phone I have
is a dual band phone that works in 850 and 1900.

--
rfzenyen

More about : verizon service 1900

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:59:29 PM

rfzenyen wrote:
> I would like to use a phone in 1900MHz only. Is there a way to set the
> phone so that it defaults to a 1900MHz and stay there. The phone I
> have is a dual band phone that works in 850 and 1900.

Please explain what you can possibly gain by disabling 800mhz? Do you
like to hear the No Service jingle?

July 15, 2005 4:48:22 AM

Maybe he lives in a verizon area like I do that is 1900 MHz only. It
could save battery life not searching both bands.

Quaoar wrote:
> rfzenyen wrote:
>
>>I would like to use a phone in 1900MHz only. Is there a way to set the
>>phone so that it defaults to a 1900MHz and stay there. The phone I
>>have is a dual band phone that works in 850 and 1900.
>

> Please explain what you can possibly gain by disabling 800mhz? Do you
> like to hear the No Service jingle?

July 15, 2005 12:52:48 PM

Jerome,

How did you find out your area only has 1900? I think it is same where
I live.

Jerome Zelinske Wrote:
> Maybe he lives in a verizon area like I do that is 1900 MHz only. It
> could save battery life not searching both bands.
>

> Quaoar wrote:
> > rfzenyen wrote:
> >
> >>I would like to use a phone in 1900MHz only. Is there a way to set
> the
> >>phone so that it defaults to a 1900MHz and stay there. The phone I
> >>have is a dual band phone that works in 850 and 1900.
> >

> > Please explain what you can possibly gain by disabling 800mhz? Do
> you
> > like to hear the No Service jingle?

rfzenyen
July 16, 2005 12:08:26 AM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:59:28 -0500, rfzenyen
<rfzenyen.1s6b5y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> chose to add this to the great
equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>I would like to use a phone in 1900MHz only. Is there a way to set the
>phone so that it defaults to a 1900MHz and stay there. The phone I have
>is a dual band phone that works in 850 and 1900.

It probably depends on your phone. I know my VX4400 has a menu somewhere
(possibly in the service menu, I forget) where I can set it to AMPS only,
CDMA only, CELLULAR only, or PCS only (which is what you want); the only
possibility left out is to block both PCS and AMPS at the same time.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"I would like to have seen Montana." - last words of Captain Second Rank
Vasily Borodin in the movie 'The Hunt for Red October' (he doesn't die in
the book)
!