Zone Alarm newbie question re. accessing urls

Just started using the trial-run ZA Pro with a dsl and find that some
links in some webpages do not work. For example, trying to access an
embedded link in a url will send me back to the home page time and time
again. I discovered, however, that if I simply close ZA the link will
work and get me the page I want.

What do I check for in ZA Pro that I may modify so that these embedded
links work and problems can be avoided?

If there's a better nsg for this question, also advise. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about zone alarm newbie question accessing urls

    Zone Alarm version 5 has major problems. If you can find version 4.5, it is
    stable with no problems.

    DDDD

    DDDD wrote:

    >Zone Alarm version 5 has major problems. If you can find version 4.5, it is
    >stable with no problems.
    >
    >DDDD
    >
    >"Paul R" <prosete@STICKERearthlink.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Just started using the trial-run ZA Pro with a dsl and find that some
    >>links in some webpages do not work. For example, trying to access an
    >>embedded link in a url will send me back to the home page time and time
    >>again. I discovered, however, that if I simply close ZA the link will
    >>work and get me the page I want.
    >>
    >>What do I check for in ZA Pro that I may modify so that these embedded
    >>links work and problems can be avoided?
    >>
    >>If there's a better nsg for this question, also advise. Thanks!

    Try turning off your "Privacy Settings", and "Web Filtering". These are
    two major bugs in 5.0 that will cause endless problems.

    Michael

Firewalls Security Networking