Zone Alarm newbie question re. accessing urls

Just started using the trial-run ZA Pro with a dsl and find that some
links in some webpages do not work. For example, trying to access an
embedded link in a url will send me back to the home page time and time
again. I discovered, however, that if I simply close ZA the link will
work and get me the page I want.

What do I check for in ZA Pro that I may modify so that these embedded
links work and problems can be avoided?

If there's a better nsg for this question, also advise. Thanks!

Zone Alarm version 5 has major problems. If you can find version 4.5, it is
stable with no problems.

DDDD

"Paul R" <prosete@STICKERearthlink.net> wrote in message
> Just started using the trial-run ZA Pro with a dsl and find that some
> links in some webpages do not work. For example, trying to access an
> embedded link in a url will send me back to the home page time and time
> again. I discovered, however, that if I simply close ZA the link will
> work and get me the page I want.
>
> What do I check for in ZA Pro that I may modify so that these embedded
> links work and problems can be avoided?
>
> If there's a better nsg for this question, also advise. Thanks!

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

DDDD wrote:

>Zone Alarm version 5 has major problems. If you can find version 4.5, it is
>stable with no problems.
>
>DDDD
>
>"Paul R" <prosete@STICKERearthlink.net> wrote in message
>

>>Just started using the trial-run ZA Pro with a dsl and find that some
>>links in some webpages do not work. For example, trying to access an
>>embedded link in a url will send me back to the home page time and time
>>again. I discovered, however, that if I simply close ZA the link will
>>work and get me the page I want.
>>
>>What do I check for in ZA Pro that I may modify so that these embedded
>>links work and problems can be avoided?
>>
>>If there's a better nsg for this question, also advise. Thanks!

Try turning off your "Privacy Settings", and "Web Filtering". These are
two major bugs in 5.0 that will cause endless problems.

Michael