What are the best tools to prevent, eliminate worms, virus..

Helllo, everyone.

Is "security gateway appliance" such as Checkpoint Safe@Office 225U
or NetScreen-5GT Extended good for such job?

Please advise.

Trent
1 answer Last reply
More about what tools prevent eliminate worms virus

    Use a layered approach. Worms, virii, and web attacks can all get
    through firewalls. Why? Because they are Layer 7 type attacks. A
    firewall is protecting mainly Layer 2 and 3. While yes, some firewalls
    have integrated URL filters and basic signature finding, I would feel
    more confident in having a separate piece of hardware doing the IDS/IDP
    portion. Just layer your solution and don't throw all your money into
    one "magic box" until the hardware matures more. Just my thoughts...

    -Scott

    Trent wrote:
    > Helllo, everyone.
    >
    > Is "security gateway appliance" such as Checkpoint Safe@Office 225U
    > or NetScreen-5GT Extended good for such job?
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Trent

Firewalls Security Gateway Office Virus Networking