What are the best tools to prevent, eliminate worms, virus..

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 8, 2004 8:46:12 PM

Helllo, everyone.

Is "security gateway appliance" such as Checkpoint Safe@Office 225U
or NetScreen-5GT Extended good for such job?

Please advise.

Trent
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 9, 2004 4:48:43 AM

Use a layered approach. Worms, virii, and web attacks can all get
through firewalls. Why? Because they are Layer 7 type attacks. A
firewall is protecting mainly Layer 2 and 3. While yes, some firewalls
have integrated URL filters and basic signature finding, I would feel
more confident in having a separate piece of hardware doing the IDS/IDP
portion. Just layer your solution and don't throw all your money into
one "magic box" until the hardware matures more. Just my thoughts...

-Scott

!