Opteron 250 vs. Intel's Xeon 3.6 GHz in a Workstation

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040927/index.html
1 answer Last reply
More about opteron intel xeon workstation

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:29:44 -0500, Ed <nosay@home.com> wrote:

    >http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040927/index.html

    Wow.. how long has the spec for Hypertransport been published and they
    still managed to get nearly every single "fact" incorrect in that
    section. Rather impressive! Most journalists would only screw up
    once or twice per section!

    Later on they even managed to get some facts incorrect when looking at
    a picture showing as much, eg when talking about the "64K of L1 cache"
    in the Opterons right above a picture of CPU-Z showing 128K of L1
    cache (64K I-cache and 64K D-cache). They also really just don't seem
    to get it when it comes to 32-bit vs. 64-bit memory addressing (not to
    mention the fact that their information about physical data lines on
    the Xeon is flat out wrong).

    <sigh> I guess I shouldn't be TOO hard on them. After all, this is
    just Tom's Hardware Guide we're talking about, it's not like they've
    ever been a reputable source of accurate information. I guess they're
    continuing their tradition of staying one (small) step ahead of the
    totally cluelessness you find in the vast majority of print trade
    rags.

    Tony Hill

CPUs Workstations Intel Opteron Hardware Xeon IBM