RTL8169 programming guide

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

hi,
I need to talk to RTL8169S chip (gigabit ethernet PCI) from level of FPGA
hardware and need programming guide, or at least description of it's
registers. Realtek , who produces these chips, doesn't want to respond my
mails concerning documentation requests.
If someone have any kind of documentation that can be usefull for me, please
let me know
Regards
Greg
3 answers Last reply
More about rtl8169 programming guide
  1. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    Yes, i did, and there is only documentation about hardware design..nothing
    about software guide - there is specified that it is available on request,
    but they don't respond to this ....
  2. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:22:51 +0200, "Grzegorz Kasprowicz"
    <Grzegorz.Kasprowicz@cern.ch> wrote:

    >Yes, i did, and there is only documentation about hardware design..nothing
    >about software guide - there is specified that it is available on request,
    >but they don't respond to this ....

    You might want to take a look at the source code for this chip from
    the Linux kernel (if this chip is indeed supported in Linux, most
    are). Combine that with the documentation about hardware design and
    you might be able to figure out what you're looking for.

    Tony Hill
  3. Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    This is actually what i do..i found driver that is compatible for this chip
    and another, for which i have full documentation..
    But there are details which can be source of problems.
    Anyway, thaks for response

CPUs Hardware Programming Linux