Vice city getting bored

I have finished all the missions (and local missions)
I've finished the pizza, vigilante and paramedic
I've made almost all the rampages and about the half jumps
I'm beggining to get bored because the game attraped me for the missions and
the story and now there's no story .... and i asked myself
Really it deserve for me follow playing?????????
Why some of you keep playing ????
I said that because i read post from people who said that have playing for
months!!!!

In all case that's just thinking in loud voice.....

------ Sorry about my poor english ------

PD. I just can not wait for San Andreas in my xbox...

Moyik wrote:

> I have finished all the missions (and local missions)
> I've finished the pizza, vigilante and paramedic
> I've made almost all the rampages and about the half jumps
> I'm beggining to get bored because the game attraped me for the missions and
> the story and now there's no story .... and i asked myself
> Really it deserve for me follow playing?????????
> Why some of you keep playing ????
> I said that because i read post from people who said that have playing for
> months!!!!
>
> In all case that's just thinking in loud voice.....
>
> ------ Sorry about my poor english ------
>
> PD. I just can not wait for San Andreas in my xbox...

we start again. We learn how to do things quicker and better or find
more fun ways to do things.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Moyik wrote:
>
> we start again. We learn how to do things quicker and better or find
> more fun ways to do things.

Right. Messing with the missions is the best. Missions like "Sir, Yes Sir"
and the one with the counterfeit plate couriers. You can play those dozens
of times without getting bored, if you keep trying new ideas.

--cleve

Cleve wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Moyik wrote:
> >
> > we start again. We learn how to do things quicker and better or find
> > more fun ways to do things.
>
> Right. Messing with the missions is the best. Missions like "Sir, Yes Sir"
> and the one with the counterfeit plate couriers. You can play those dozens
> of times without getting bored, if you keep trying new ideas.
>
> --cleve

I'm still playing SA over and over... still finding new things to do
and fun to have
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Moyik" <josefc@fmrm.es> wrote in message
>I have finished all the missions (and local missions)
> I've finished the pizza, vigilante and paramedic
> I've made almost all the rampages and about the half jumps
> I'm beggining to get bored because the game attraped me for the missions
> and the story and now there's no story .... and i asked myself
> Really it deserve for me follow playing?????????
> Why some of you keep playing ????
> I said that because i read post from people who said that have playing for
> months!!!!
>
> In all case that's just thinking in loud voice.....
>

> ------ Sorry about my poor english ------
>

> PD. I just can not wait for San Andreas in my xbox...

Ah, you see...the Xbox version is designed to be more boring that the PS2.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message

> "Moyik" <josefc@fmrm.es> wrote in message
>>I have finished all the missions (and local missions)
>> I've finished the pizza, vigilante and paramedic
>> I've made almost all the rampages and about the half jumps
>> I'm beggining to get bored because the game attraped me for the missions
>> and the story and now there's no story .... and i asked myself
>> Really it deserve for me follow playing?????????
>> Why some of you keep playing ????
>> I said that because i read post from people who said that have playing
>> for months!!!!
>>
>> In all case that's just thinking in loud voice.....
>>

>> ------ Sorry about my poor english ------
>>

>> PD. I just can not wait for San Andreas in my xbox...
>>

> Ah, you see...the Xbox version is designed to be more boring that the PS2.

;-)

> Right. Messing with the missions is the best. Missions like "Sir, Yes
Sir"
> and the one with the counterfeit plate couriers. You can play those
dozens
> of times without getting bored, if you keep trying new ideas.
>
> --cleve

Hmm - from memory (it's been a while since I played) I didn't vary these
missions too much.

For "Sir, Yes Sir" I just block the road with a maverick. One of the
squaddies moves cars and trucks if you use them, but they don't know how to
fly, so they just sit there. Then you find a spot to take out the tank
drivers, and lead the rest on a chase.

With the courier one, snipe as many of the girlies from as far away as the
ship's ramp. Take out a tyre on the courier's car from long range, then
wipeout the chase car as it came past (sometimes, one of the girls I snipe
is the driver, so there is no chase car. Try and run the courier off the
road without blowing her up.

I've raced on ahead to their lair to see the printing press, but I was so
busy looking around I didn't hear the courier come in. I managed to get her
before the mission failed, but then I was locked in and had to restart
anyway.

I might try sniping heads through windscreens next time I play. What
variations have you tried?

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
>> Right. Messing with the missions is the best. Missions like "Sir, Yes
> Sir"
>> and the one with the counterfeit plate couriers. You can play those
> dozens
>> of times without getting bored, if you keep trying new ideas.
>>
>> --cleve
>
> Hmm - from memory (it's been a while since I played) I didn't vary these
> missions too much.
>
> For "Sir, Yes Sir" I just block the road with a maverick. One of the
> squaddies moves cars and trucks if you use them, but they don't know how
> fly, so they just sit there. Then you find a spot to take out the tank
> drivers, and lead the rest on a chase.
>
> With the courier one, snipe as many of the girlies from as far away as the
> ship's ramp. Take out a tyre on the courier's car from long range, then
> wipeout the chase car as it came past (sometimes, one of the girls I snipe
> is the driver, so there is no chase car. Try and run the courier off the
> road without blowing her up.
>
> I've raced on ahead to their lair to see the printing press, but I was so
> busy looking around I didn't hear the courier come in. I managed to get
> her
> before the mission failed, but then I was locked in and had to restart
> anyway.
>
> I might try sniping heads through windscreens next time I play. What
> variations have you tried?

Only limited by imagination. Here are some I remember:

Sir, Yes Sir:

(1) The area near the tank is a "no-stars" zone. Play with that. Kill all
the soldiers. Go start 4 or 5-star trouble somewhere else and lead the
pursuit back to the tank. The stars disappear, and the confused FBI guys
can be yanked out of their cars and duked, etc.

(2) Shoot at the convoy from far behind to get foot soldier to follow you,
then lead them into downtown for some hide and seek. Or, lead them over to
the northern mall on the eastern island. If you enter the mall on the south
side, they usually get stuck in parking lot below. From inside the mall,
you can SEE them, right through the floor. (Their drawing priority is
higher than that of the mall floor, for some reason.)

(3) Go straight to the garage they're taking the tank to. It opens well
before the convoy arrives. Kill the soldiers inside and wait for the convoy
to arrive. Block the entrance with as many cars as you can so they'll have
to move them all. Or, go rig a car at 8-Ball's and put THAT car in the
garage for them to move. Pop it when somebody tries to move it.

The Plate Couriers (I don't remember the mission name):

(1) Stake out the press and ambush them there. Take the plates and then
lead the remaining cars full of babes on a wild chase. (There are places
near the lighthouse where you can get the pursuing cars to drive into the
ocean.) See if you can get the girls to chase you in the mall, etc.

(2) After you've picked up the plates somehow, go back to the docks where
the whole thing started. There are still women there to harass. (One of
them often likes to sit in mid-air next to a ramp leading to one of the
buildings.) Sometimes, the women at the docks don't shoot when you return
late in the mission. You can get a good look at them and just sock 'em
around, even though they're still toting those big guns.

(3) See how long you can prevent the car carrying the plates from reaching
the press just by running it off the road. (A fire truck works nicely.)
(Actually, I guess you mentioned this one above.)

(4) If you fly a copter straight to the press, the car leaving the docks
with the plates often gets hopelessly stuck at the gate to the dock yard.
Go play hide and seek with them there.

Those are just the ones I remember. I know there were other things to
experiment with, too.

--cleve

> Just imagine GTA gameplay on the XBox was as good as the PS2...

What are the differences in gameplay? The thing that annoys me most
about VC (which I have played on PC and XBox) is that you can't move
the camera angle. That was one of the biggest improvements IMO in SA -
did the PS2 version of VC have camera movement like SA does?

Phil Hibbs.

Cyrus

In article <1115654572.974956.237960@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> > Just imagine GTA gameplay on the XBox was as good as the PS2...
>
> What are the differences in gameplay? The thing that annoys me most
> about VC (which I have played on PC and XBox) is that you can't move
> the camera angle. That was one of the biggest improvements IMO in SA -
> did the PS2 version of VC have camera movement like SA does?
>
> Phil Hibbs.

AFAIK Thats one of the new targeting 'features'. I tried playing VC one
day at a buddy's, it annoyed me to all hell.

While standing you can look around in first person view, no ability to
strafe with hardware in hand.

hth,

--
Cyrus