Sapphire radeon 9600 and SIS board.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

I have recently installed a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis video card
on my computer which has an SIS M810LR board. The card functions to a
degree but will completely blow up, screen filled with lines - when I
access Yahoo games.

There are apparently some problems associated with these boards and
AGP video cards. Also I have a Viewsonic 17g monitor. Previously
using the onboard video I had no problems but am unable to get this to
work. Operating system is Windows 98SE. Kind of at a loss here - have
looked at a lot of things but generally this stuff is beyond me.

Is there some sort of diagnostic tool that would tell me what is
happening to the video when it goes bad?

I may not have enough system info here. Wasn't sure what was
applicable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stan

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Maybe the latest SIS AGP driver would help ?
http://download.sis.com/download_step1.php?act=Search&mode=2&category=12&subcategory=121&os=4&x=11&y=9

"Stan Kilbride" <prober10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis video card
> on my computer which has an SIS M810LR board. The card functions to a
> degree but will completely blow up, screen filled with lines - when I
> access Yahoo games.
>
> There are apparently some problems associated with these boards and
> AGP video cards. Also I have a Viewsonic 17g monitor. Previously
> using the onboard video I had no problems but am unable to get this to
> work. Operating system is Windows 98SE. Kind of at a loss here - have
> looked at a lot of things but generally this stuff is beyond me.
>
> Is there some sort of diagnostic tool that would tell me what is
> happening to the video when it goes bad?
>
> I may not have enough system info here. Wasn't sure what was
> applicable.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Stan

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Thanks for your help, as the earlier poster suggested the solution was
to disable "fast write". I had installed the latest SIS AGP driver.
This was a feature of the ATI utility package, that is the ability to
enable or disable "fast write". Although, I happened on the solution
before reading your responses, nontheless, they were, as it turned
out, right on and I appreciate the help.

Cordially,

Stan Kilbride