Electrical consumption of CPU

Hello,
I would like to know electrical consumption in Watt per hour for CPU like :
- Intel Celeron D (for ex 2.8, 2.93),
- P4 Prescott (for ex 3.0 and 3.2),
- Amd Sempron (for ex 2800+, 3100+),
- Athlon XP (3000+, 3200+),
- AMD64 (3000+, 3200+)
- and an average consumption for their motherboard.

I just want to know a range of consumption with max and min and average.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about electrical consumption

    http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

    JK wrote:
    > http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

    Very good page, thanks.

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:02:04 +0200, David Nguyen <pppswing@yahoo.fr>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I would like to know electrical consumption in Watt per hour for CPU like :
    >- Intel Celeron D (for ex 2.8, 2.93),
    >- P4 Prescott (for ex 3.0 and 3.2),
    >- Amd Sempron (for ex 2800+, 3100+),
    >- Athlon XP (3000+, 3200+),
    >- AMD64 (3000+, 3200+)
    >- and an average consumption for their motherboard.
    >
    >I just want to know a range of consumption with max and min and average.

    Some of the chips you mentioned where recently compared at this link:

    http://www.goodwin.ee/sulo/Power2.htm

    Note that the author made some assumptions and
    overclocking/underclocking of some chips to get the numbers, so they
    might not be 100% accurate, but it should at least give you some
    ball-park figures.

    You can combine those figures with the numbers available from the
    manufacturers. Both Intel and AMD provide some documentation as to
    how much power their chips consume. Just be careful in reading the
    numbers as different chips have their power consumption measured
    differently. For example, for the P4 Intel lists the "Thermal Design
    Power" (TDP) of their chips as being kinda-sorta-almost the maximum
    power that the chip will consume, though worst-case situations might
    be a bit worse. AMD, on the other hand, defines TDP for their
    Athlon64s as a upper-limit of power consumption for a whole line of
    chips, ie it can be MUCH higher than the worst-case power consumption
    of a particular chip.

    Tony Hill

CPUs