Electrical consumption of CPU

Hello,
I would like to know electrical consumption in Watt per hour for CPU like :
- Intel Celeron D (for ex 2.8, 2.93),
- P4 Prescott (for ex 3.0 and 3.2),
- Amd Sempron (for ex 2800+, 3100+),
- Athlon XP (3000+, 3200+),
- AMD64 (3000+, 3200+)
- and an average consumption for their motherboard.

I just want to know a range of consumption with max and min and average.

Thanks.

jk

http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:02:04 +0200, David Nguyen <pppswing@yahoo.fr>
wrote:

>Hello,
>I would like to know electrical consumption in Watt per hour for CPU like :
>- Intel Celeron D (for ex 2.8, 2.93),
>- P4 Prescott (for ex 3.0 and 3.2),
>- Amd Sempron (for ex 2800+, 3100+),
>- Athlon XP (3000+, 3200+),
>- AMD64 (3000+, 3200+)
>- and an average consumption for their motherboard.
>
>I just want to know a range of consumption with max and min and average.

Some of the chips you mentioned where recently compared at this link:

http://www.goodwin.ee/sulo/Power2.htm

Note that the author made some assumptions and
overclocking/underclocking of some chips to get the numbers, so they
might not be 100% accurate, but it should at least give you some
ball-park figures.

You can combine those figures with the numbers available from the
manufacturers. Both Intel and AMD provide some documentation as to
how much power their chips consume. Just be careful in reading the
numbers as different chips have their power consumption measured
differently. For example, for the P4 Intel lists the "Thermal Design
Power" (TDP) of their chips as being kinda-sorta-almost the maximum
power that the chip will consume, though worst-case situations might
be a bit worse. AMD, on the other hand, defines TDP for their
Athlon64s as a upper-limit of power consumption for a whole line of
chips, ie it can be MUCH higher than the worst-case power consumption
of a particular chip.

Tony Hill