Hello,
I'm looking for a motherboard with these features:
prescott 775, DDR memory
2 SATA connectors
integrated VGA
integrated Lan
integrated Raid for 2 SATA disks
I don't care of pci, usb and firewire stuff.

Of course, at a good price ;-)

I found one at Gigabyte but I wonder if there are other constructors
that do that also. I know supermicro, but this is too expensive.

Thanks.

David Nguyen <pppswing@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:<2v1k5dF2ft8vcU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a motherboard with these features:
> prescott 775, DDR memory
> 2 SATA connectors
> integrated VGA
> integrated Lan
> integrated Raid for 2 SATA disks
> I don't care of pci, usb and firewire stuff.
>
> Of course, at a good price ;-)
>
> I found one at Gigabyte but I wonder if there are other constructors
> that do that also. I know supermicro, but this is too expensive.
>
> Thanks.

If you search newegg, you will find a few good choices, just play
around with the search terms a little.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

Is their a reason you are going to use a 775 prescott, maybe you might
want to consider socket 478, these boards can be found at a very
reasonable rate, as well as the CPU's. Newegg will also have a bunch
of these boards in stock, just search for socket 478 boards with your
requirements.

You might want to consider a well vented case, as those 775 CPU's run
hot, take a big heatsink, just make sure you have a lot of case fans,
to keep the thing cool.

Gnu_Raiz

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:22:30 +0100, David Nguyen <pppswing@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm looking for a motherboard with these features:
>prescott 775, DDR memory
>2 SATA connectors
>integrated VGA
>integrated Lan
>integrated Raid for 2 SATA disks
>I don't care of pci, usb and firewire stuff.
>
>Of course, at a good price ;-)
>
>I found one at Gigabyte but I wonder if there are other constructors
>that do that also. I know supermicro, but this is too expensive.

Personally I've never liked Gigabyte - they're products often appear
half-baked and have strange layouts and proprietary money-makers, like dual
bios and "dual power supply". They also pissed me off really bad years
ago.

Two popular brands which I like are Asus and MSI/Microstar - both seem to
be available in France - see http://www.msi-computer.fr/ and
http://france.asus.com/index.htm. I'm not up on Intel mbrds but it looks
like something based on the i915(G) chipset would fit for you.

Rgds, George Macdonald