E815 EVDO DUN via Bluetooth

I can dial into my company's network on the Moto E815 via Bluetooth on the
Thinkpad T43P with built in Bluetooth. The problem is that I can only
connect at 14.4k. Since the E815 is an EVDO phone, is it possibile to
connect at EVDO speed? Thanks.

Ed

"Ed Hudley" <ehudley@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I can dial into my company's network on the Moto E815 via Bluetooth on the
> Thinkpad T43P with built in Bluetooth. The problem is that I can only
> connect at 14.4k. Since the E815 is an EVDO phone, is it possibile to
> connect at EVDO speed? Thanks.

I'm not in an EVDO area, but I can do DUN via 1XRTT just fine. My downlink
speeds range between 38 and 80k, uplink is around 28k.

In article <3k293vFs7vj8U1@individual.net>,
"PTravel" <ptravel@travelersvideo.com> wrote:

> "Ed Hudley" <ehudley@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I can dial into my company's network on the Moto E815 via Bluetooth on the
> > Thinkpad T43P with built in Bluetooth. The problem is that I can only
> > connect at 14.4k.

> I'm not in an EVDO area, but I can do DUN via 1XRTT just fine. My downlink
> speeds range between 38 and 80k, uplink is around 28k.

When I use DUN to connect to a local ISP, it is very slow; when I use it
to connect to Verizon's network, I get fast speeds. I think unless you
dial in to vzw, DUN is not so good.

m-m

M-M wrote:

> When I use DUN to connect to a local ISP, it is very slow; when I use it
> to connect to Verizon's network, I get fast speeds. I think unless you
> dial in to vzw, DUN is not so good.

As far as I know, dialing into an ISP means you're using the old Quick2Net
connection method at 14.4. To use 1xRTT or 1xEVDO you'd have to dial into
VZW instead.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

> M-M wrote:
>
>> When I use DUN to connect to a local ISP, it is very slow; when I use it
>> to connect to Verizon's network, I get fast speeds. I think unless you
>> dial in to vzw, DUN is not so good.
>
> As far as I know, dialing into an ISP means you're using the old Quick2Net
> connection method at 14.4. To use 1xRTT or 1xEVDO you'd have to dial into
> VZW instead.

Correct, supposedly Sprint was going to set up a bank of modems that
folks could use via 1x to dial their corporate accounts, but I have no idea
if that ever got up and running. As far as I know, VZW did not have such
plans, but it so, I bet it was for corporate level accounts. With the
growing use of VPN, there is less and less need for this sort of thing.