New drive

Is there any reason why I can't install a second drive as big as I like on
my p5-133? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about drive

    No, not if you install a PCI controller card. If you use the onboard
    controller, you'll face an 8.4 GByte limit on the drive size.

    The controllers are inexpensive - sometimes under $20.

    "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any reason why I can't install a second drive as big as I like on
    > my p5-133? Thanks.

    Thanks very much for this. I have a bid on an 8.4Gb. Don't think I'll put
    any more money into this ancient machine- I'll put it towards the
    replacement. Anyway, I was getting full up, and didn't know about temp
    files. Just deleted 200Mb with no ill effect.
    Edward J. Neth <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > No, not if you install a PCI controller card. If you use the onboard
    > controller, you'll face an 8.4 GByte limit on the drive size.
    >
    > The controllers are inexpensive - sometimes under $20.
    >

    > "Mark Dunn" <markrhdunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there any reason why I can't install a second drive as big as I like
    on
    > > my p5-133? Thanks.

Gateway Computers