New OCZ Z-Drive R4 PCIe SSD Achieves Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Ironkidz[/nom]The 1st robot to become self aware and exterminate humanity, will be equipped with one of these.[/citation]LOL - You made my night! Now I can go to bed in peace!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
One more thing... why can't they make something half the power of this unit in 500GB and 1TB flavors designed for the enthusiast? You know damn well this unit costs mucho dinero.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
OK, don't mean to flood... I re read what I wrote and makes me look foolish. _Pez_ - it can write up to 1 million, 4KB chunks of data per second and 1.5 million when writing. It is excellent for servers because of the amount of data being requested and written from thousands of various points.

mwotton

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]copied verbatim from anandtech[/citation]
Maybe that's because it's a press release they've both reprinted?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
this will cost between 10800 and 36000 and its possible this could go down to 7200$ as the bigger a ssd gets the cheaper it gets too. i think the shere amount of ssd storage out weighs the fact its a pcie card ssd, so you probably also wont see the price hike associated with it.

i dont believe the consumer side will see this for quite a long time, at least not withing the next 4-5 years space or speed wise. so it could be a good investment

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]Nope, just checked the press release. Not the same. Keep in mind, this is Kevin Parrish's article we're talking about.In fact... his plagiarism is better for everyone who reads TH articles. It means that it was more than likely written by a real journalist rather than a second rate blogger.[/citation]

The articles on this site have become pathetic full of blatant spelling and grammatical errors. You’d think that effective journalism and good reporting would be a priority. How about you just fire these sad losers who cannot proofread their work and reprint others stories and hire some of us fans who would actually review the hardware and enjoy it.

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]someone explain me what are IOPS 4K ???[/citation]
Input Output operations Per Second where each IO is a 4096byte block of data.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Fusion-IOs best offering has better specs in terms of performance and storage capacity, but it uses PCI-E x16 2.0, but it costs $100K

G

[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]Keep in mind, this is Kevin Parrish's article we're talking about.In fact... his plagiarism is better for everyone who reads TH articles. It means that it was more than likely written by a real journalist rather than a second rate blogger.[/citation]
+1 internetz

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jackfrost860[/nom]What they don't tell you is the reliability of SSDs. I assumed an SDD was as reliable as a HDD… I was wrong![/citation]
You know what they say, assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Im still sticking to HDDs. I got a really comfy chair to sit in while waiting for windows to boot up and games to load. Or until 2TB SSDs comes down to 100$ level. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.