PCI/Bus perforamance of the 7320/7520/7525 chipsets

Archived from groups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,de.comp.hardware.cpu+mainboard.intel,dk.edb.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

I'm having performance problems with tranfers between a PCI-X device, and my
operating system.
Theoretical speed should be 66mhz * 64 bit = 528 mb/sec.

The mainboard is SE7525GP2, that is the chipset used is e7525.

I seem to (only) get around 200mb/sec on transfers between the device and
operating system.
The hardware vendor spec's says it can do up to 400mb/se.

How do I obtain specifikation/benchmarks of the PCI performance of the
different chipsets ???

/Carsten

news.tele.dk wrote:

> I'm having performance problems with tranfers between a PCI-X device,
> and my operating system.

No, You have a problem to understand how usenet works. First, You want to
post only in groups that are relevant to Your problem. And You want to check
what language is spoken in these newsgroup (hint: the "de" in
de.comp.hardware.cpu+mainboard stands for German). And in German newsgroups
we use real names and no fake emails.

If You want help, I'd recommend You should read
news:news.newusers.questions, read for awhile in several groups, and then
post Your questions...

Benjamin

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

> news.tele.dk wrote:
>
>> I'm having performance problems with tranfers between a PCI-X device,
>> and my operating system.
>
> No, You have a problem to understand how usenet works. First, You want to
> post only in groups that are relevant to Your problem. And You want to
> check what language is spoken in these newsgroup (hint: the "de" in
> de.comp.hardware.cpu+mainboard stands for German). And in German
> newsgroups we use real names and no fake emails.
>
> If You want help, I'd recommend You should read
> news:news.newusers.questions, read for awhile in several groups, and then
> post Your questions...
>
> Benjamin

If you dont use fake emails dont you end up getting a ton of spam?
Eric
--
Byte=8 bits, a kilobyte is 1024 bytes
There is no such thing as a kibibit,mebibit etc

TRENDING THREADS