What CPU is this?

OK - I'm using an HP Pavilion zd7260 notebook. (the link is to a 7380 using
the same processor)

I'd like to know the specific CPU model that's installed (eg: a "532" P4)

_________

Here's the information I've collected.

Intel Processor Identification Utility:
CPU: Pentium 4 supporting Hyper Threading, 3.20GHz
System Bus: 800MHz
L2 Cache: 512 KB

System information:
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
Execute Disable Bit: NO
Chipset: Intel 82865G
_________

I've been to the Intel website, all the chips that fit the speed criteria
have 1MB L2 cache - I can't find any with a 512kb L2 that are also P4HT's.

The chipset is a desktop chipset - which I'm not surprised about since this
is a desktop replacement notebook - no "Celeron," no Pentium "M."

Any idea what this CPU is?

Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about what this

    C.J.Patten wrote:

    > OK - I'm using an HP Pavilion zd7260 notebook. (the link is to a 7380 using
    > the same processor)
    >
    > I'd like to know the specific CPU model that's installed (eg: a "532" P4)
    >
    > _________
    >
    > Here's the information I've collected.
    >
    > Intel Processor Identification Utility:
    > CPU: Pentium 4 supporting Hyper Threading, 3.20GHz
    > System Bus: 800MHz
    > L2 Cache: 512 KB
    >
    > System information:
    > Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
    > Execute Disable Bit: NO
    > Chipset: Intel 82865G
    > _________
    >
    > I've been to the Intel website, all the chips that fit the speed criteria
    > have 1MB L2 cache - I can't find any with a 512kb L2 that are also P4HT's.
    >
    > The chipset is a desktop chipset - which I'm not surprised about since this
    > is a desktop replacement notebook - no "Celeron," no Pentium "M."
    >
    > Any idea what this CPU is?

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcFam=483&CorSpd=6088&cache=5887
    http://developer.intel.com/design/Pentium4/documentation.htm

    Probably Northwood core.

    I'd guess sSpec number SL6WG.

    --
    Regards, Grumble

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:32:09 -0500, "C.J.Patten"
    <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote:

    >OK - I'm using an HP Pavilion zd7260 notebook. (the link is to a 7380 using
    >the same processor)
    >
    >I'd like to know the specific CPU model that's installed (eg: a "532" P4)
    >
    >_________
    >
    >Here's the information I've collected.
    >
    >Intel Processor Identification Utility:
    >CPU: Pentium 4 supporting Hyper Threading, 3.20GHz
    >System Bus: 800MHz
    >L2 Cache: 512 KB
    >
    >System information:
    >Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
    >Execute Disable Bit: NO
    >Chipset: Intel 82865G
    >_________
    >
    >I've been to the Intel website, all the chips that fit the speed criteria
    >have 1MB L2 cache - I can't find any with a 512kb L2 that are also P4HT's.
    >
    >The chipset is a desktop chipset - which I'm not surprised about since this
    >is a desktop replacement notebook - no "Celeron," no Pentium "M."
    >
    >Any idea what this CPU is?

    The CPU is a 3.2GHz Pentium 4, and it pre-dates Intel's model
    numbering scheme. It is also desktop processor that will run rather
    hot (TDP = 82W), so please do not take the term "laptop" literally
    with this system, it will make you infertile! :>

    It has a "Northwood" core and was built on a 130nm process. Sometimes
    this chip goes under the name "3.2C GHz" to denote the 800MT/s bus
    speed, though Intel themselves never called it that. The sSpec on
    this chip is going to be either SL6WG, SL6WE or SL792.

    What you have there is what is often called a "desknote". It's
    actually one step beyond the tradition "desktop replacement notebook",
    in that it's using a full fledged (and full power consuming) desktop
    processor and chipset jammed into a notebook case.

    Tony Hill

CPUs Processors