Sign in with
Your question

Warning 1002 known folders

Last response: in Windows 7
November 11, 2010 8:49:15 AM

Hello, I have new issue with Win 7 64x at boot I get a bunch of error 0x80070002 while verifying known folders in the event viewer at every boot. Any help/info would be great I have no exp. with this issue, Thanks!

More about : warning 1002 folders

Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2010 3:44:17 PM

Is this a legal Windows?
November 11, 2010 8:24:48 PM

Yes it was installed on the pc at purchase 5/10/10. I also believe I have some kind of user account issue capi2 error 11 and 41 consentexe. and I would just restore to factory but I want to finish games that I have installed before recover to factory. I also don't notice alot of problems with these issues so I have decided to try to fix. Thanks for any help!
November 12, 2010 9:09:45 AM

Thanks for reply and the folders are C\Windows\system32\config\system profile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates and others that are only different slightly at the end. Also what should my permissions be for system and trusted installer for the Windows folder? Thanks!
November 12, 2010 9:12:21 AM

Hi again what are the correct permissions for the Windows folder in C drive because I believe i have messed up permissions and I tried that link for the fix didn't help but thanks for info!
a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2010 9:31:07 AM

Strange. The directory "C:\Windows\system32\config\system profile" and beneath don't exist on my system. Are you part of a domain by any chance?

Permissions - go into the Security tab for the Windows folder and click "Advanced". Double-click on "Trusted Installer" and all the permissions should be ticked in the "Allow" column. There are two sets of permissions for "SYSTEM". One for "Subfolders and files only" should again have all items ticked. The other, for "This folder only" should have all ticked except for "Full control", "Delete subfolders and files", "Change permissions" and "Take ownership".

The above is how my system is and I have no problems.

a b $ Windows 7
November 12, 2010 2:44:23 PM

Ijack said:
Strange. The directory "C:\Windows\system32\config\system profile" and beneath don't exist on my system. Are you part of a domain by any chance?

Permissions - go into the Security tab for the Windows folder and click "Advanced". Double-click on "Trusted Installer" and all the permissions should be ticked in the "Allow" column. There are two sets of permissions for "SYSTEM". One for "Subfolders and files only" should again have all items ticked. The other, for "This folder only" should have all ticked except for "Full control", "Delete subfolders and files", "Change permissions" and "Take ownership".

The above is how my system is and I have no problems.

Thought I would pop in, C:\Windows\system32\config\system profile exists on an x86 Domain member and and x64 non domain member.
The Domain Member has the entire user profile structure, appdata, desktop, downloads, documents, pictures etc.
The non domain member just as the Appdata folder and ntuser.dat
November 12, 2010 9:53:21 PM

No I'm not part of domain , but I did forget that a tech guy told me to take ownership of the entire C drive with os and everything else except D recovery which has it's own partition. Anyway I did this try to fix capi2 errors with consentexe. timestamp/ revocation server problems which I still have. One more thing when I run Si Sandra it says I am not admin. but user with admin. priviledges. In my windows folders permissions system has no checks and neither does trusted installer and in the morning when I will have time I will try changing/adding permissions for system and trusted installer. Thanks a million but I'm afraid I will have to recover to factory soon I would install from disk but Dell makes it difficult to get them. Thanks Again if you have any more info please post!
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2010 5:55:06 AM

Just a a matter of interest, are these messages errors or warnings? I tend not to bother too much about warnings unless they are having a visible effect on my computer.
!