EM64T CPU Testing

Hi,

I want to design tests for testing EM64T CPU, any help would be appreciated.

Any algorithm/process/tests which test new registers included in EM64T CPU.

may be load /performance testing methods.

sachin

rs

If I understand your post correctly, you wish to test for the
existence of EMT64T ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that it was not
possible to mix EMT64T (or AMD64) and regular x86-32 bit code in one
program. So it is not really useful to test for existence of EMT64T
in most applications. As far as i can tell there is no easy way to do
so. The best bet is to check the family and model numbers and see
if they match a EMT64T enabled CPU (amd64 or the new xeon). One
problem is however that the new xeon EMT64T identify itself as a
P4. You can identify this CPU by testing for SSE3, which
currently only exists on the EMT64T xeon.