processor speed settings on old Hsing PCChips motherboard?

I know upfront this is a way old and slow board, but not much I can do about
that.

Anyway I have what's identified by Belarc Advisor as an Hsing 586TX Rev 3.1
motherboard. The AMI BIOS is 0626, 7/15/1995. The processor was upgrade
to a 200Mhz processor, but the bios did not recognize the change nor do I
see a way in the BIOS settings to change the processor speed. After
searching the net a bit, I see on these old motherboards changed processor
speeds were often needed to be set via jumpers on the motherboard. I found
the voltage changes for the processor, but I can't find where to change the
processor speeds. I also don't know what jumper settings are needed to
identify to the motherboard that now a 200Mhz processer is present
(previously it was 166).

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net

rush

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote :

> Anyway I have what's identified by Belarc Advisor as an Hsing
> 586TX Rev 3.1 motherboard. The AMI BIOS is 0626, 7/15/1995. The

http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142-bin/cgi-bin/ibrd/forums.cgi?
forum=3

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

Your 166 was jumpered as 2.5x (66MHz) your new processor should be jumpered
as 3x 66MHz
Look for words on the board like 1x 1.5 x 2 x 2.5 x 3 even 3.5 which would
make it run at 233MHz. You might be lucky.
Regards, Steve