CPU SPEED

I have a ASUS motherboard a2766 with a amd athlon 1200 cpu

Question #1 how do I know what speed the cpu is (its not working yet
so I can't test the speed)

Question #2 I want to have the speed as fast as possiable what cpu
should I buy I want to use this computer as a PVR I was told that a
pvr uses up a lot of the cpu speed and ram memory

On 8 Jan 2005 12:06:52 -0500, JEIS@OPTONLINE-dot-NET.no-spam.invalid
(SHB944) wrote:

>I have a ASUS motherboard a2766 with a amd athlon 1200 cpu
>
>Question #1 how do I know what speed the cpu is (its not working yet
>so I can't test the speed)

Err.. what do you mean by this? Are you referring to the clock
frequency of the processor? If so, then it is designed to run at
1200MHz.

>Question #2 I want to have the speed as fast as possiable what cpu
>should I buy I want to use this computer as a PVR I was told that a
>pvr uses up a lot of the cpu speed and ram memory

Try going to this page:

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Of course, the first step will be to figure out the proper type of
motherboard that you've got (there's no such thing as an "Asus
a2766"). You may also need to determine which PCB revision you have,
which should be written right on the motherboard itself (most often
found between some of the PCI slots). The BIOS version is less
critical as you can always just download and install the latest
version before dropping the new processor in.

Tony Hill