Your question

Call of Duty

Tags:
  • Call of Duty
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
November 3, 2003 10:29:56 PM

Anybody played this game? From <A HREF="http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/callofduty.phtml" target="_new">Actiontrip review</A> it looks like a very good game

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>

More about : call duty

November 3, 2003 10:44:08 PM

I have played the DEMO, awesome game gonna buy it this weekend.
November 12, 2003 5:36:38 PM

Bought it this past weekend, it rocks.

<font color=red> "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Sir Winston Churchill </font color=red>
Related resources
November 12, 2003 9:23:09 PM

I have it. Its a good game but short! I went to high school with 1 of the team that produced the game.
November 13, 2003 12:45:06 AM

It's a VERY good game if you enjoy WWII games or shooters in general. It is rather short, but it's time well spent.
November 13, 2003 2:23:58 AM

a very awsome game. I preordered it, haha.

Get it, you shouldnt be dissapointed. The SP is VERY short compared to other games ive played, but the best part of PC games is the online MP!!!

<A HREF="http://aao.sudden-death.org/3dMarkScore.gif" target="_new">System Specs</A>
November 13, 2003 6:03:15 PM

Yes this game is really good, id recommend it to anyone, i tihnk the single player playable hours is average.in anygame these days the multiplayer will last forever.(wel lgood games) ;) 
November 15, 2003 1:08:21 AM

I have it and beat it. Its pretty good. Definitely my favorite FPS out today.
The multiplayer is good in that game.

Now time to beat halo, which the multi isnt so hot.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>
November 25, 2003 7:42:18 PM

Hmm I'd guess I finished it in like 8 hours or so total play time. It's a bit short, but it's very immersive if you've got a kickin' sound system. I'd highly recommend the game if you like FPS types.

<font color=red> "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Sir Winston Churchill </font color=red>
November 27, 2003 7:57:29 AM

Spitfire as an ancient 22yr old who has been playing games since he got his mits on a commodore 64 (sighs with nostalgia) I havent come across a game like CoD for years....

personnally I thought i was getting old and that games just didnt excite me like in the old days when I'd leg it home from school to play games... (sad I know)

least until I played CoD that is... the game though can't be described by words, just buy it simple.

play time depending on yur ability is gay but due to the games brilliance it doesn't matter a jot. BUY THE GAME and spread the word of its greatness ;D

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"
November 28, 2003 6:21:48 PM

I got the game. It is a very good game but it is a bit of a resource hog in multiplayer.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!
November 28, 2003 10:34:03 PM

Well, single player is good but multiplayer literally sucks ass...
It's no skills involved, a 'top player' can be owned by a n00b that just hops in and sprays with his SMG...that sucks.

I'll stay with MOHAA for the time being...

<font color=blue>Youth is wasted on the young</font color=blue>
November 29, 2003 4:37:12 AM

The graphics and gameplay in single player are awesome. Anyone seen band of brothers? Does the american campaign not seem like a straight rip out of the 2nd DVD? :) 

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
November 29, 2003 9:00:02 AM

ah stop spreading heresy... buy the game spitfire... or at least download the demos which are fantastic.

in reply to jake the game hasnt been around long enough for there to be real "top players" and as with any game if noobs can kill ya then yur prolly not any good yurself to begin with hehe :D 

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"
November 29, 2003 3:45:15 PM

Yes.

<font color=blue> "Speach is silver. Silence is Golden." - Anonymous German Proverb </font color=blue>
November 29, 2003 5:06:06 PM

Depends on how much you can get it for. $60? Naw, probably not... wait a bit for it to come down. $40? Yes.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
November 30, 2003 2:35:52 AM

There's no reason to turn this thread into a discussion about the evils of downloading games. The fact of the matter is that Call of Duty is an incredible game, and well worth the $50 it debuted at. I've seen it on sale recently for as low as $35. So put on your man pants, and buy the game. If you like WW2 era games, you'll love it.

I saw somebody above ask if it was like BF1942 or MOHAA. It's from the same guys that worked on MOH, and many people that I've talked to have said it was similar (I've never played MOH myself).
November 30, 2003 6:53:11 AM

put my man pants???

who are you my grandfather...lol.

I was gonna buy it anyways,

you have no dry sense of humor....

wow.... try again next year.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>
November 30, 2003 2:17:19 PM

I'm sorry if I misread your sarcasm.

Quote:
put my man pants???

I had a manager a while back who used to say that. It's too funny not to use once in a while. =)
November 30, 2003 10:00:24 PM

hehe no prob.

its a greaT saying but my gramps used to say it to me, but it is funny though.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>
December 6, 2003 3:36:25 AM

The game has many similarities with Mohaa, but as I said...it's lacking that 'special something' that makes a game worthwile.

It's like a bad crossbreed between Spearhead (that game blows as well) and frogger.

December 6, 2003 3:43:59 AM

Well that's your opinion.

As for 'not being around long enough' I hardly agree with you, there are tons and tons of skilled mohaa players that
are now wasting their time on COD :wink: , like I said...the games are alike (not in a good way though) and you can easily use your well trimmed Mohaa skilles in COD as well.

And yes, I am talking about me when I'm saying that n00bs can own up skilled players in COD (I'm the cod n00b that is), I often just 'bunny jump' around and spray with my smg all around the place and wind up with more than a few kills, what's the point?

Ooooh, and that horrid sniper rifle, ban it!

No fun at all, end of story :smile:

December 6, 2003 5:53:23 AM

Quote:
but as I said...it's lacking that 'special something' that makes a game worthwile.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion and all, but I couldnt disagree more. I recently finished the game for the third time on the hardest difficulty, and the very last mission still gives me a hugh sense of satisfaction to finish. There are so many subtle things in this game that just make me go "wow".
December 6, 2003 6:40:00 PM

Yes your right, but I'm talking about multiplayer here.

December 17, 2003 11:16:13 PM

COD is a great game, but the single player campaign is really short, (although it is very high quality). it is very similar to mohaa but it is also better in my opinion. It has way more of a squad feel, rather than the lone super agent style of gameplay and overall i felt the game was a lot smoother as afar as gameplay than moh. Also, the enemy accuracy wasn't ridicuolsly accurate like in mohaa and the ability to utilize cover and go prone etc. made it much more realisitic. Haven't played the multiplayer much, but the game is worth it just for the campaign in imo. Awesome game, definitely worth the money.

antec 350w psu
xp 2000
asus a7n8x deluxe
512mb pc2100
ati radeon 9500 pro
wd 80gb caviar special edition
16x dvd
creative megaworks 550
nec fe991sb-bk
December 19, 2003 2:20:33 AM

"I've noticed that it's from the RTCW guys (Actvision)"

Activision is the publisher, but the developers were part of 2015, the team that made MOHAA. Since EA Games is developing the next MOH "in house" 2015 decided to make a Vietnam Era FPS (Men of Valor:Vietnam). Some members of 2015 wanted to make another WWII FPS so they left and formed their own development studio (Infinity Ward) and produced Call Of Duty. So, even though Activision published RTCW and COD, the games themselves were made by two different developers.

Or something like that.