AIM acting funky with win2k

Eriond

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2001
got win2k professional and aim 4.3.229 and like ever minute i'm hitting the send limit and i'm not sending that much. The only way i can get around it is by logging off and back on. Has anyone else encountered this and know a way to fix it? Thanks

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what send limit? what type of account are you logged in under? you want either power user or administrator (cause im guessing its your computer) then youll have no problem with send limits (personally, ive been using win2k for a while and ive NEVER seen any kind of send or upload limit)

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've had that problem before aswell. But not as repeatable as that. Also I have had problems with leaving the machine running in "locked workstation" mode and AIM in away. Have had to strange blue screens after rebooting from that before.

Somebody call Guinness. I'm about to go zero to drunk in <b>twenty dollars!</b>

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ok, don't listen to the other two monkeys....they obviously don't know what an AIM limit is. My suggestion...stop being rude to people and getting warned. the less your warning is, the fewer rate limiting errors will happen

~Crapple0

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"