Finished VC, back to LC for me

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2005 7:21:51 AM

The first GTA game I played was Vice City on the PC. I got about half
way through, and got a bit bored mainly because I thought the plot was
too vague.

I then got the GTA double pack for the XBox, gave the VC disc to a
friend and kept the III disc, but didn't play it much.

Then SA came out, so I bought a PS2 for it, and played it through to
completion (being in a hotel from monday to friday makes finding
playing time easy). The more coherent plot helped, it was usually clear
why I was doing all this stuff, and also the controls are way superior
to all the other versions.

I started playing VC again on my PC, and finished it last night. Boy,
having a minigun makes the ending easy! That must be why they did what
they did at the end of SA (oops, nearly gave away the ending there...)

Now I have bought the double pack for the PS2, and I'm playing III
again. I'm surprised at how good it looks and how well it plays. Is the
2003 version improved over the original release? I bought the
double-pack because most of the second-hand copies were dated 2001
instead of 2003.

Phil Hibbs.

More about : finished back

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 8:19:41 AM

Well, Platinum VC for the PS2 (I have both this and the original) had
several minor bug fixes & adjustments, so it's reasonable to assume
you've got the "latest" version.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 3:54:09 PM

> The first GTA game I played was Vice City on the PC
<snip>

> I then got the GTA double pack for the XBox
<snip>

> Then SA came out, so I bought a PS2 for it, and played it through to
> completion...
<snip>

> Now I have bought the double pack for the PS2, and I'm playing III
> again.
<snip>

You're single-handedly keeping Rockstar North alive!
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 2:53:40 AM

<snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The first GTA game I played was Vice City on the PC. I got about half
> way through, and got a bit bored mainly because I thought the plot was
> too vague.
>
> I then got the GTA double pack for the XBox, gave the VC disc to a
> friend and kept the III disc, but didn't play it much.
>
> Then SA came out, so I bought a PS2 for it, and played it through to
> completion (being in a hotel from monday to friday makes finding
> playing time easy). The more coherent plot helped, it was usually clear
> why I was doing all this stuff, and also the controls are way superior
> to all the other versions.
>
> I started playing VC again on my PC, and finished it last night. Boy,
> having a minigun makes the ending easy! That must be why they did what
> they did at the end of SA (oops, nearly gave away the ending there...)
>
> Now I have bought the double pack for the PS2, and I'm playing III
> again. I'm surprised at how good it looks and how well it plays. Is the
> 2003 version improved over the original release? I bought the
> double-pack because most of the second-hand copies were dated 2001
> instead of 2003.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

The controls for all 3 are the same, X to sprint, square to jump, circle to
shoot, and triangle to jack a car, Personally to me the Vice City plot was
was better, there was a real theme there, Someone jacked your money, so you
go and take him out, then the mob wants its cut so you take them out,
However in SA it does tend to jump around a lot.

jesse
!