BSOD memory management

Status
Not open for further replies.

uness06

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Hi

I built a new pc last September and since I have multiple problems. First, I can't boot my computer with only 1 stick (2GB) of RAM. When I finally boot my computer, 50% of the time i got BSOD. I ran a Memtest and I got multiple errors. I don't know what to do anymore. I suspect a hardware problem (RAM).
My PC specs :
- intel core i5-760
- ASUS p7d55-e pro
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM)
- EVGA GTX460 Fermi Superclocked EE 763MHZ 1024MB GDDR5
- Corsair HX750
- Samsung spinpoint F3 1GB

How can I share my dumpfiles ?

thx

Solution
Doh, sorry, don't know how I missed that in your first post. Did you try each slot or just the 1st slot? Also, if you are overclocking, try resetting your board to defaults.

Also, like I said before, failing memtest is enough of a reason that G'Skill will exchange the memory for free. I've had to do this a couple times in the past with some of their DDR2 dual channel kits. They are very good about lifetime warranty policy. This would at least eliminate the memory as a problem.
Doh, sorry, don't know how I missed that in your first post. Did you try each slot or just the 1st slot? Also, if you are overclocking, try resetting your board to defaults.

Also, like I said before, failing memtest is enough of a reason that G'Skill will exchange the memory for free. I've had to do this a couple times in the past with some of their DDR2 dual channel kits. They are very good about lifetime warranty policy. This would at least eliminate the memory as a problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.