Microsoft & Intel dominance to end!

keith

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:

> X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
> Research Group
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20050110091351.html
>
> Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
> this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
> time.

This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
They crashed five years ago, so...

IBM has always (well, for at *least* ten years) been a big supporter of
Linux (to the tune or $1B/year, ten years ago). Where's the beef?

> What AMD?

An ace in the hole? A revenue stream? A fab/development partner (see b:)?

--
Keith

keith wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:
>

>>X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
>>Research Group
>>http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20050110091351.html
>>
>>Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
>>this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
>>time.
>

> This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
> They crashed five years ago, so...

Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :)

Yousuf Khan

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:47:42 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@ezrs.com> wrote:

>keith wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:44:23 -0800, YKhan wrote:
>>

>>>X-bit labs - Hardware news - Intel-Microsoft Dominance to Vanish, Says
>>>Research Group
>>>http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20050110091351.html
>>>
>>>Gee, it looks like it's been IBM that's been taking on Intel all of
>>>this time, just like Linux has been taking on Microsoft all of this
>>>time.
>>

>> This is a surprise, Yousuf? Intel threw down the gauntlet with Itanic.
>> They crashed five years ago, so...
>
>Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
>consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
>claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :)

Hey, they've got "analysts" in Russia too!!:)

--
Rgds, George Macdonald

wrote:

>Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
>consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
>claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :)

Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well, just because you never heard
of it doesn't mean they are not credible. I'm sure you never heard of
the L'Ange Connerie Group yet they produce most reliable reports. You
should try, only Euro $100 a pop for these incredible reports. The
latest being "Increasing Dominance of the Stier Method in Fabrication
- Competitive Comparison against Existing Technologies"

keith

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:39:04 +0000, The little lost angel wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:47:42 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@ezrs.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another renta-report
>>consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making outrageous
>>claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that? :)
>
> Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well,

Wait just a minute! I didn't think Yousuf was Quebecois! ;-)

> just because you never heard
> of it doesn't mean they are not credible. I'm sure you never heard of
> the L'Ange Connerie Group

Hmm, perhaps there is a hint here of L'Angel's real name. Is a picture
soon to come? ;-)

> yet they produce most reliable reports. You
> should try, only Euro $100 a pop for these incredible reports. The
> latest being "Increasing Dominance of the Stier Method in Fabrication -
> Competitive Comparison against Existing Technologies"

Outside racetracks here thay have people who did real well predicting
yesterdays races too. Amazingly, they're just like weather forecasters.
They can tell you exactly why yesterday was as it was.

--
Keith

keith wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:39:04 +0000, The little lost angel wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:47:42 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67@ezrs.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Actually, what I thought was funny is that it's yet another
renta-report
> >>consulting group trying to make a name for itself, by making
outrageous
> >>claims. The Boris Petrov Group, or something? Who the hell is that?
:)

> > Why you ignorant dimwit frog in the well,
>
> Wait just a minute! I didn't think Yousuf was Quebecois! ;-)

Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal, which
technically makes me a Quebecois. How lil'lost found out about it, way
out in Singapore, I'll never know! :)

Yousuf Khan

The little lost angel wrote:
> I thought we're a chips group here and nobody interested in the Stier
> Method in Fabrication?
Ok, I'll bite, what's the Stier Method of Fabrication?

Yousuf Khan

The little lost angel wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2005 13:25:15 -0800, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal,
which
> >technically makes me a Quebecois. How lil'lost found out about it,
way
> >out in Singapore, I'll never know! :)
>
> Told ya that the L'Ange Connerie Group knows their stuff! :pPppPp

Must be all of those closed-circuit security cameras you got littered
around your town, you've finally been able to point them towards Canada
somehow. :)

Yousuf Khan

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:25:02 -0800, YKhan wrote:

> The little lost angel wrote:
>> On 12 Jan 2005 13:25:15 -0800, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Actually, I am now. I've quietly moved from Ottawa to Montreal,
> which
>> >technically makes me a Quebecois. How lil'lost found out about it,
> way
>> >out in Singapore, I'll never know! :)
>>
>> Told ya that the L'Ange Connerie Group knows their stuff! :pPppPp
>
> Must be all of those closed-circuit security cameras you got littered
> around your town, you've finally been able to point them towards Canada
> somehow. :)

You'd better not be chewing gum, Yousuf!

--
Keith

On 13 Jan 2005 09:22:04 -0800, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>The little lost angel wrote:
>> I thought we're a chips group here and nobody interested in the Stier
>> Method in Fabrication?
>Ok, I'll bite, what's the Stier Method of Fabrication?

awww *hugs* Thanks for not wasting the effort I put into that one.
:ppPPp

According to google's translator, Stier's German for bull ;)
Along the way, Connerie is a French product of the Stier process and
definitely nothing to do with my real name ;)