Who made those DIMM memory ?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

Hi

Who made those 168 pin DIMM memory ?

Is it single or double side ?


128mb SDRAM PC133 NEW! 133MHz CL3

PC133-33-520

128MB

SYNC

16Mx64

SDRAM

HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C

PC133-333-520

133MHz

CL3


Thank

Bye

Gaetan
--
5 answers Last reply
More about made dimm memory
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

    On 12 Jan 2005 23:37:40 GMT, ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan
    Mailloux) wrote:
    >Who made those 168 pin DIMM memory ?
    >
    >Is it single or double side ?
    >
    >
    >128mb SDRAM PC133 NEW! 133MHz CL3
    >
    >PC133-33-520
    >
    >128MB
    >
    >SYNC
    >
    >16Mx64
    >
    >SDRAM
    >
    >HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C

    Chips are made by Hyundai, though there's no mention at all of who
    made the actual module. Most likely some no-name Mom & Pop shop in
    Taiwan of mainland China.

    -------------
    Tony Hill
    hilla <underscore> 20 <at> yahoo <dot> ca
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

    ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux) wrote :

    how the hect should we know ?

    > HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C

    hyunday chips

    Pozdrawiam.
    --
    RusH //
    http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019
    Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery.
    You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

    On 12 Jan 2005 23:37:40 GMT, ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)
    wrote:

    >
    >
    >Hi
    >
    >Who made those 168 pin DIMM memory ?
    >
    >Is it single or double side ?
    >
    >
    >128mb SDRAM PC133 NEW! 133MHz CL3
    >
    >PC133-33-520
    >
    >128MB
    >
    >SYNC
    >
    >16Mx64
    >
    >SDRAM
    >
    >HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C
    >
    >PC133-333-520
    >
    >133MHz
    >
    >CL3

    I don't have enough data, on my system or in your post (what is that part
    number - a DIMM or chip?) to tell for sure but the part number looks more
    like a Siemens/Infineon part than a Hyundai.

    --
    Rgds, George Macdonald
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:58:31 -0500, George Macdonald
    <fammacd=!SPAM^nothanks@tellurian.com> wrote:

    >On 12 Jan 2005 23:37:40 GMT, ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)
    >wrote:
    >>HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C
    >>
    >>PC133-333-520
    >>
    >>133MHz
    >>
    >>CL3
    >
    >I don't have enough data, on my system or in your post (what is that part
    >number - a DIMM or chip?) to tell for sure but the part number looks more
    >like a Siemens/Infineon part than a Hyundai.

    Hmm.. good eye George, those are indeed Siemens/Infineon chips. I did
    a quick search on Google and the part came up once I removed the extra
    '4' towards the start of the part number.

    Still doesn't help determine who made the module.


    ps. did Siemens buy out Hyundai's memory division or something? Or
    did they just want to make life difficult for us by having nearly
    identical part numbers :>

    -------------
    Tony Hill
    hilla <underscore> 20 <at> yahoo <dot> ca
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.misc (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:51:02 -0500, Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:58:31 -0500, George Macdonald
    ><fammacd=!SPAM^nothanks@tellurian.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 12 Jan 2005 23:37:40 GMT, ba221@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gaetan Mailloux)
    >>wrote:
    >>>HYS644V16220GU-7.5-C
    >>>
    >>>PC133-333-520
    >>>
    >>>133MHz
    >>>
    >>>CL3
    >>
    >>I don't have enough data, on my system or in your post (what is that part
    >>number - a DIMM or chip?) to tell for sure but the part number looks more
    >>like a Siemens/Infineon part than a Hyundai.
    >
    >Hmm.. good eye George, those are indeed Siemens/Infineon chips. I did
    >a quick search on Google and the part came up once I removed the extra
    >'4' towards the start of the part number.
    >
    >Still doesn't help determine who made the module.

    I have some old data sheets which show the part number HYS 64V16220GU-8 as
    a Siemens SDRAM PC-100 module - close to the above with PC-133 spec. and
    for the OP they are double sided, or dual-rank to use the preferred modern
    term.:-) I have trouble throwing anything away.<shrug>

    >ps. did Siemens buy out Hyundai's memory division or something? Or
    >did they just want to make life difficult for us by having nearly
    >identical part numbers :>

    I had a suspicion at one time that they were trading parts -- everybody
    seems to do that anyway , with remarking or not -- but came to the
    conclusion that they just happened to use very similar part numbers.

    --
    Rgds, George Macdonald
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Memory DIMM