Video Card UpGrade

Have a 700xl 2.2 Ghz P4 with a Lexington MB and 4x AGP slot.

The system came with an ATI 8600 card.

I have been thinking of upgrading to some thing like the ATI 9600 pro or the
newer 800x.

Question is, both show a recommended 300 Watt power supply, and the 700xl
only has a 250 Watt supply. Has anyone done such an upgrade, or should I
look for a larger supply, different Video card, or just forget upgrading?

Thanks in Advance!
Don

Should be find for a mid-range card - I'd not try it with a new 6800 Ultra
or X800XT, but the 9600 should work fine.

"Don Crano" <dcrano@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> Have a 700xl 2.2 Ghz P4 with a Lexington MB and 4x AGP slot.
>
> The system came with an ATI 8600 card.
>
> I have been thinking of upgrading to some thing like the ATI 9600 pro or
the
> newer 800x.
>
> Question is, both show a recommended 300 Watt power supply, and the 700xl
> only has a 250 Watt supply. Has anyone done such an upgrade, or should I
> look for a larger supply, different Video card, or just forget upgrading?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
> Don

Thanks for the info Ed!

Just found between the 9600xt and the 800x is an ATI 9800xt.

Do you think the system could handle the 9800xt or should I just go with the
9600xt?

Thanks in Advance!
Don