VX-8000 ISP connection

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is it possible to connect to Earthlink dialup with the vx-8000 for just
MOU? If so, how? Pointing to any links that can explain this to me would
be great.

gary

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

Pretty straight forward.

Buy a cable that supports the 8000.
Load drivers that come with cable.
Enable Dial Up Networking mode in your 8000 Service menu (i.e. Menu, 0, 0,
0, 0, 0, 0, 0).
Make a Dial Up Networking connection in Windows.

Call...

-Frank

"Gary" <gareth@capecod.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible to connect to Earthlink dialup with the vx-8000 for just
> MOU? If so, how? Pointing to any links that can explain this to me would
> be great.
>
> gary

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Frankster wrote:
> Pretty straight forward.
>
> Buy a cable that supports the 8000.
> Load drivers that come with cable.
> Enable Dial Up Networking mode in your 8000 Service menu (i.e. Menu, 0, 0,
> 0, 0, 0, 0, 0).
> Make a Dial Up Networking connection in Windows.
>
> Call...

Thanks can you recommed a particular cable that comes with drivers?

Frankster

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

This is the one I use...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5788641881&category=50327&rd=1

Also get Bitpim. Not required to do what you want to do, but will allow you
to transfer pics off your phone onto your computer for free.

http://www.bitpim.org/ it's free!