Is this worth upgrading?

I have a 2.4 p4 non hyperthreading which i use for video editing and
encoding. Would upgrading to a 3.0 p4 w/hyperthreading be worth the $$
spent? I have 1gig ram. Thanks

DC
1 answer Last reply
More about worth upgrading

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:37:23 -0600, DC <crowe4215@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I have a 2.4 p4 non hyperthreading which i use for video editing and
    >encoding. Would upgrading to a 3.0 p4 w/hyperthreading be worth the $$
    >spent? I have 1gig ram. Thanks

    Probably not. Hyperthreading is unlikely to gain you much of anything
    (maybe a few percent here or there), and the difference between 2.4GHz
    and 3.0GHz is unlikely to be noticeable, even for stuff like video
    editing.

    IMO your best bet would be to save your money until the end of the
    year when dual-core processor start showing up. That's the real beef.

    Tony Hill

CPUs Hardware Video Editing