Bootup Error ....

Western Digital SATA hard drive.. WD2000JD 200GIG
Asus motherboard P4P800SE bios 1007

I have mcafee virus scan..
the motherboard has a virus detection in it.. that is disabled..
The Hd is only 1 Partition.. NTSF

"boot sector virus checking was turned off in
BIOS Setup?"
Yes that is disabled too

As for SP2, that I downloaded from windows update

Thanks

--
mikeylbl

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:58:19 +0000, mikeylbl
<mikeylbl.1jlp7m@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

>Western Digital SATA hard drive.. WD2000JD 200GIG
>Asus motherboard P4P800SE bios 1007
>
>I have mcafee virus scan..
>the motherboard has a virus detection in it.. that is disabled..
>The Hd is only 1 Partition.. NTSF
>
>"boot sector virus checking was turned off in
>BIOS Setup?"
>Yes that is disabled too
>
>As for SP2, that I downloaded from windows update

I'm confused about what has and has not worked so far - if SP2 was applied
separately, then was the system shutting down and powering back on OK
*before* SP2 was applied? Is this a new system or just a new hard disk?
Which CPU, mbrd etc.? SP2 *does* react badly with several anti-virus progs
and this can result in file corruption.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald