processor speed now slower

I have an AMD processor. It was 1.5Hz in my old motherboard. I bought a
new motherboard and now my Windows is acting all slow and sluggish. I
checked the system info and it shows my processor as only being 837Mhz.
Can anyone explain this? My web browser and graphics programs are slow
as hell.
2 answers Last reply
More about processor speed slower

    johnmolinda@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have an AMD processor. It was 1.5Hz in my old motherboard. I bought a
    > new motherboard and now my Windows is acting all slow and sluggish. I
    > checked the system info and it shows my processor as only being 837Mhz.
    > Can anyone explain this? My web browser and graphics programs are slow
    > as hell.

    Extremely easy to explain. You're FSB is not set correctly. Check the BIOS.

    Bitstring <1108338441.899779.68870@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, from
    the wonderful person johnmolinda@yahoo.com said
    >I have an AMD processor. It was 1.5Hz in my old motherboard. I bought a
    >new motherboard and now my Windows is acting all slow and sluggish. I
    >checked the system info and it shows my processor as only being 837Mhz.
    >Can anyone explain this? My web browser and graphics programs are slow
    >as hell.

    You are probably running it at the wrong FSB. Check in your BIOS (or
    maybe you have to set a jumper on the motherboard).

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can
    SC recommends the use of Firefox; Get smart, or get assimilated.

CPUs Processors Motherboards