Need to stop firewall & antivirus from starting at bootup?

When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
antivirus programs from starting automatically.

How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?

How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?
3 answers Last reply
More about need stop firewall antivirus starting bootup

    "Stan Hilliard" <usenetreplyUM@samplingplansNOTSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
    > be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
    > antivirus programs from starting automatically.
    >
    > How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?
    >
    > How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?

    Well, I guess you could shutdown their services and uncheck their start-up
    with MSconfig.exe.

    Duane :)

    "Stan Hilliard" <usenetreplyUM@samplingplansNOTSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
    > be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
    > antivirus programs from starting automatically.
    >
    > How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?
    >
    > How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?

    Get RegCleaner www.jv16.org as it backs up your deletions from the
    start menu, so you can restore them.

    > How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?

    In ZA Pro you go Overview | Preferences | General
    Remove the check mark from Load at startup

    Ma No

Firewalls Antivirus Networking