Need to stop firewall & antivirus from starting at bootup?

Last response: in Networking
July 14, 2004 2:06:07 AM

When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
antivirus programs from starting automatically.

How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?

How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 7:15:30 AM

"Stan Hilliard" <usenetreplyUM@samplingplansNOTSPAM.com> wrote in message
> When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
> be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
> antivirus programs from starting automatically.
>
> How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?
>
> How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?

Well, I guess you could shutdown their services and uncheck their start-up
with MSconfig.exe.

Duane :)
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 4:01:45 PM

"Stan Hilliard" <usenetreplyUM@samplingplansNOTSPAM.com> wrote in message
> When installing software and running some utility programs, I need to
> be able to boot the computer without having the firewall and
> antivirus programs from starting automatically.
>
> How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?
>
> How can I prevent F-prot antivirus from starting automatically?

Get RegCleaner www.jv16.org as it backs up your deletions from the
start menu, so you can restore them.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 5:22:33 PM

> How can I prevent ZoneAlarm firewall from starting automatically?

In ZA Pro you go Overview | Preferences | General
Remove the check mark from Load at startup

Ma No
!