Bad frequence for my processor

pascal

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

Hello,

I'd need help please : I'd a probleme with my motherboard, so I pulled
my small battery (i'm a layman, i don't actually know the right word) of
my motherboard, put it inside again, changed my power supply (I was
adviced to do so) and since, my computer works again, but the frenquence
written in "system" in windows in only 1,24 GHz whereas I've an Athlon
2600+.
What should I do ?
Thank you for your help

Pascal

Bitstring <cvcbs5$1o2$1@smilodon.ecp.fr>, from the wonderful person
Pascal <osmanp6_remplace_with@_cti.ecp.fr> said
>Hello,
>
>I'd need help please : I'd a probleme with my motherboard, so I pulled
>my small battery (i'm a layman, i don't actually know the right word)
>of my motherboard, put it inside again, changed my power supply (I was
>adviced to do so) and since, my computer works again, but the
>frenquence written in "system" in windows in only 1,24 GHz whereas I've
>an Athlon 2600+.
>What should I do ?

Go into the BIOS and change the FSB to whatever your Athlon requires
(probably 166 Mhz, sometimes shown as 333). Doubtless the BIOS has
defaulted to lowest common denominator of 100Mhz (sometimes shown as
200).

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
SC recommends the use of Firefox; Get smart, or get assimilated.