How do I remove the bottom copper/brass plate from an old ..

redbrick

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I'm talking about that square copper looking plate between all the pins.

How do I remove it?

Why? Just for shits and giggles.. :)

Thanks

Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

Trent

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:33:30 GMT redbrick@fastermail.com (redbrick) wrote
in Message id: <erfTd.57012$iC4.16966@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>:

>I'm talking about that square copper looking plate between all the pins.
>
>How do I remove it?
>
>Why? Just for shits and giggles.. :)

Use an x-acto knife and score the lead all around the plate. Then pry the
plate from the corner with the blade. They make excellent Christmas
ornaments and belt buckles.

redbrick <redbrick@fastermail.com> wrote:
> I'm talking about that square copper looking plate between all the pins.
>
> How do I remove it?
>
> Why? Just for shits and giggles.. :)
>
> Thanks
>
> Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

Heat will melt the solder the seals up ceramic and PCB based processors. A stove or propane torch works well. Heat the processor gently, then the lid will just fall off it pushed with a screwdriver.