Your question

Msi k9vgm-v onboard audio Dissapered?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 11, 2010 7:16:22 PM

motherboard : Msi k9vgm-v Am2/ddr2
Cpu : Athlon 64X2 5000+
Video : Hd3870
psu : 500watt Generic

So After a 2gb ram upgrade system failed to post citing a 1 second delay constant beeping error code. not sure what that ment. Reset the bios and when trough the settings enabling memory hole remap making sure the rams speed was right disabling the busted lan (on board land wont hold connection) the onboard Audio is Enabled via bios. but windows 7 shows nothing relating to audio devices in the device manager just the video cards hdmi sound out put.
the audio was there before the upgraded ram. but now it is non existant.
November 11, 2010 7:21:23 PM

i also tried going through msconfig making sure windows sound is in a running state it is. there is nothing in the audio playback devices listing just the ati sound.

in device manager scanning for driver changes produces no results in finding the audio hardware there is not even an unknown driver in the list nore is there any yellow bangs on any of the hardware listed in the device manager..

iv also tried uninstalling the hd audio portion of the system devices they bounce back with a quick reinstall upon loading windows 7 but alas it does not go any further to detect the realtek audio chip that is on the motherboard.

even have the drivers iv run the setup only for it to tell me that there is no compatible hardware.

im lost ..altho perhaps i'll disable the audio via the bios and try that..
m
l
November 11, 2010 7:24:36 PM

if in fact the audio chip is dead due to my adding some ram in pretty sure I couldn't have zapped anything usually I'm pretty good like that but if it is well thats why they made usb sound solutions i guess.

was looking at old audio pci audio cards and was like i could just throw one of them in ..DOH! damn double stacked video card in the way.

usb it is i guess unless any of toms awesome user base can help me out a notch here Greatly appreciated.
m
l
!