Intel quietly dropping the "4"

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
March 1, 2005 3:10:30 PM

Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
just plain old "Pentium" again.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517

Yousuf Khan

More about : intel quietly dropping

March 1, 2005 8:40:38 PM

Yousuf Khan said the following on 3/1/2005 12:10 PM:
> Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
> just plain old "Pentium" again.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517

Does this mean my 90MHz Pentium is back in fashion? I knew they'd come
back some day.

:)
Lance
*****
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 1, 2005 9:41:00 PM

>Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
>just plain old "Pentium" again.
>
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>
> Yousuf Khan

Why can't Intel just call the new dual-core chip "Pentium V",
"Pentium 5" or "Pentium 64" and get over with it?
Related resources
March 2, 2005 8:28:53 AM

On 1 Mar 2005 12:10:30 -0800, "Yousuf Khan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
>just plain old "Pentium" again.
>
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>
> Yousuf Khan

I was wondering what they were going to do, there really isn't much room
left to put more numbers and letters on the Intel Inside logo/case
badges. :)

Ed
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 2, 2005 11:25:28 PM

"Yousuf Khan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
> just plain old "Pentium" again.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>
> Yousuf Khan

It's a good thing too!!!! Other wise I could see lots of confused "techies"
when all of the sudden Intel starts talking P5 architecture :-P

Carlo
March 3, 2005 5:26:23 AM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:40:38 -0800, Lance <lltbhill@link_earth.net>
wrote:

>Yousuf Khan said the following on 3/1/2005 12:10 PM:
>> Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
>> just plain old "Pentium" again.
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>
>Does this mean my 90MHz Pentium is back in fashion? I knew they'd come
>back some day.
>
>:)
>Lance
>*****
Can you slap a letter D on it?
http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2363
By the way, who is the copyright holder on this letter? ;-)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 4, 2005 1:59:56 AM

"Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
> Yousuf Khan said the following on 3/1/2005 12:10 PM:
>> Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
>> just plain old "Pentium" again.
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>
> Does this mean my 90MHz Pentium is back in fashion? I knew they'd come
> back some day.

I had a 100 Mhz Pentium b :-)
b mean math bug (do you remember ?)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 5, 2005 10:27:27 PM

Gilles Vollant wrote:

> I had a 100 Mhz Pentium b :-)

Oh, my Pentium 133 was MUCH faster than yours heh! :-P
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 6, 2005 5:54:45 PM

On 1 Mar 2005 12:10:30 -0800, "Yousuf Khan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Intel seems to dropping the "4" out of the "Pentium 4", we're back to
>>just plain old "Pentium" again.
>>
>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21517
>>
>> Yousuf Khan

Great news, maybe I'll be able to sell off my old Pentium for a few
hundred bucks again :p PpP