Ha Ha. Rambus patent claims dismissed.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

Judge Robert Payne dismissed all of Rambus's patent claims. Finally justice
is served.

Well, tomorrow I will cover 70% of my Rambus shorts. (I have $13 target
price for my remaining 30% short holdings.) Since my cost is about $24 a
share, I can afford to lose some money to fight Aero's battles. So, Aero,
what is the most overvalued semi stock in your opinion? And what price is a
good entry point? Right now, I am thinking Intel at $25 or $26. NVLS is also
a good candidate since they put a disappointing cap on next quarter's
revenue and earning after market closes.

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips Ar Q <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
> Judge Robert Payne dismissed all of Rambus's patent
> claims. Finally justice is served.

I'm not 100% certain it is. Some of those patents
may be valid, but RMBS should be equitably estopped.

> Well, tomorrow I will cover 70% of my Rambus shorts.

"Buy the rumor, sell the news" [Rothschild] may also hold
for shorts. I expect a bounce from short covering.

-- Robert

Ar Q wrote:

>Judge Robert Payne dismissed all of Rambus's patent claims. Finally justice
>is served.

Care to provide a link?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

In article <3lkb21dlsrb459al90aabri2002hdf9vk9@4ax.com>,
chrisv@nospam.invalid says...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050301/rambus_infineon_3.html

--
Keith

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:50:26 -0600, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Ar Q wrote:
>
>>Judge Robert Payne dismissed all of Rambus's patent claims. Finally justice
>>is served.
>
>Care to provide a link?

Straight from the horses... umm... mouth:

http://www.rambus.com/news/newsroom/pressrelease.cfm?id=172

In case anyone was hoping that this was the end of things though,
there are still appeals for this case and other cases against Hynix,
Nanya, Inotera (who the heck are they?!) and Micron.

The law firm of Rambus, Scambus and Shambus are still going strong.

-------------
Tony Hill

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:40:27 -0500, Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:50:26 -0600, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>Ar Q wrote:
>>
>>>Judge Robert Payne dismissed all of Rambus's patent claims. Finally justice
>>>is served.
>>
>>Care to provide a link?
>
>Straight from the horses... umm... mouth:
>
>http://www.rambus.com/news/newsroom/pressrelease.cfm?id=172
>

>In case anyone was hoping that this was the end of things though,
>there are still appeals for this case and other cases against Hynix,
>Nanya, Inotera (who the heck are they?!) and Micron.
>
>The law firm of Rambus, Scambus and Shambus are still going strong.

Yep, and this judge Robert E. Payne is the same judge who handled the first
court case which Infineon won - the appeals court simply said he set the
wrong rules for the trial and then changed all the rules to favor Rambus.
All Rambus has to do now is to get judge Rader to overturn Payne again.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks (More info?)

I heard John Corse hung himself over the news.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:38:05 -0700, Jason Bowen <no@spam.net> wrote:

>I heard John Corse hung himself over the news.

I don't *think* so. He's busy buying now with the price down because he
"knows" that Payne is going to get reversed on appeal.... AGAIN. I *do*
love the "unclean hands" ruling though....mmmm.:)