backdoor vm no longer works

for the longest time i was able to call (in the chicago market)
312-550-0106 as a landline backdoor to pickup my voice mail.
i have been on vacation for the past week and today i tried to pick up
my voice mail by calling the backdoor number and cannot access it....

anyone else having this issue anywhere else?
4 answers Last reply
More about backdoor longer works

    "prk60091" <prk60091@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > for the longest time i was able to call (in the chicago market)
    > 312-550-0106 as a landline backdoor to pickup my voice mail.
    > i have been on vacation for the past week and today i tried to pick up
    > my voice mail by calling the backdoor number and cannot access it....
    >
    > anyone else having this issue anywhere else?

    They did away with them-- just the latest in an ever lengthening list of
    "takeaways."

    The backdoor was an unsupported method of access. VZW is trying to tighten
    up their process/procedures. Chicago was just one of many. As it wasn't
    considered a mobile-to-mobile call, you are just as well off calling your
    own number or *86. (unless you were using a landline to check your
    message, then you've been "verizoned" dr
    --
    dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
    used to)

    dr.news wrote:
    > The backdoor was an unsupported method of access. VZW is trying to tighten
    > up their process/procedures. Chicago was just one of many. As it wasn't
    > considered a mobile-to-mobile call, you are just as well off calling your
    > own number or *86. (unless you were using a landline to check your
    > message, then you've been "verizoned" dr

    What was the disadvantage for them? You can always call your own number
    from the landline and let it go to VM and hit # to get to command mode,
    but it was a lot easier not to have your phone ring and wait for it to
    roll over to VM.

    If you have a flip phone, flip it open before calling yourself. Then
    when your phone rings, press the "Ignore" softkey, and it should go
    right to your voicemail. Not a complete fix for your problem, but will
    save you 30+ seconds of ringing.

    --
    impretzle

Verizon Voice Mail Internet Service Providers