backdoor vm no longer works

for the longest time i was able to call (in the chicago market)
312-550-0106 as a landline backdoor to pickup my voice mail.
i have been on vacation for the past week and today i tried to pick up
my voice mail by calling the backdoor number and cannot access it....

anyone else having this issue anywhere else?

"prk60091" <prk60091@gmail.com> wrote in message
> for the longest time i was able to call (in the chicago market)
> 312-550-0106 as a landline backdoor to pickup my voice mail.
> i have been on vacation for the past week and today i tried to pick up
> my voice mail by calling the backdoor number and cannot access it....
>
> anyone else having this issue anywhere else?

They did away with them-- just the latest in an ever lengthening list of
"takeaways."

The backdoor was an unsupported method of access. VZW is trying to tighten
up their process/procedures. Chicago was just one of many. As it wasn't
considered a mobile-to-mobile call, you are just as well off calling your
own number or *86. (unless you were using a landline to check your
message, then you've been "verizoned" dr
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

dr.news wrote:
> The backdoor was an unsupported method of access. VZW is trying to tighten
> up their process/procedures. Chicago was just one of many. As it wasn't
> considered a mobile-to-mobile call, you are just as well off calling your
> own number or *86. (unless you were using a landline to check your
> message, then you've been "verizoned" dr

What was the disadvantage for them? You can always call your own number
from the landline and let it go to VM and hit # to get to command mode,
but it was a lot easier not to have your phone ring and wait for it to
roll over to VM.

If you have a flip phone, flip it open before calling yourself. Then
when your phone rings, press the "Ignore" softkey, and it should go
right to your voicemail. Not a complete fix for your problem, but will
save you 30+ seconds of ringing.

--
impretzle