Decent phone without camera?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 19, 2005 12:03:20 AM

As my LG4400 has gone on to cell phone heaven (dropped one too many times)
I'm now looking for a replacement. Due to my job circumstances, I cannot
have a camera phone in my possession.

I'm looking for voice dial and speakerphone - anything else is just a bonus.
Just no camera.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

More about : decent phone camera

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:03:21 AM

"Bruce" <bireed.nospam@nospam.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> As my LG4400 has gone on to cell phone heaven (dropped one too many times)
> I'm now looking for a replacement. Due to my job circumstances, I cannot
> have a camera phone in my possession.
>
> I'm looking for voice dial and speakerphone - anything else is just a
> bonus. Just no camera.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Pick up another one on Ebay.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:03:21 AM

Just got the Kyocera KX1v. Favorable reviews, nice feel.

Lena
July 19, 2005 12:03:21 AM

On 2005-07-18, Bruce <bireed.nospam@nospam.ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> As my LG4400 has gone on to cell phone heaven (dropped one too many times)
> I'm now looking for a replacement. Due to my job circumstances, I cannot
> have a camera phone in my possession.
>
> I'm looking for voice dial and speakerphone - anything else is just a bonus.
> Just no camera.

The LG VX4650 is an ideal choice. It's very similar to the 4400,
functionally speaking, with the addition of a (very nice imo)
speakerphone. It's also a bit lighter than the 4400 and the battery
life is noticably better. It has voice dial, though I've never used it.
It does not have a camera. The 4650 supports over-the-air firmware
updating, which is a great feature -- if Verizon decides to use it.

The LG VX4500 would also meet your requirements, and is bit cheaper.
But imo it doesn't work as well as the 4650. It drops calls more often
and the speakerphone is not as good.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:00:47 AM

"Lena" <lenagainster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just got the Kyocera KX1v. Favorable reviews, nice feel.

I agree - excellent unit. We have three in our family.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:23:20 AM

Nokia 6015i.

David R. Goyer

"Bruce" <bireed.nospam@nospam.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> As my LG4400 has gone on to cell phone heaven (dropped one too many times)
> I'm now looking for a replacement. Due to my job circumstances, I cannot
> have a camera phone in my possession.
>
> I'm looking for voice dial and speakerphone - anything else is just a
> bonus. Just no camera.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:37:35 AM

You are absolutely correct about the VX4650. Great battery life, reception,
and speakerphone. Display is also much better than the VX4400. Nice,
lightweight, very-designed phone.

"D P Schreber" <schreberdp@rayban.net> wrote in message
> On 2005-07-18, Bruce <bireed.nospam@nospam.ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> As my LG4400 has gone on to cell phone heaven (dropped one too many
>> times)
>> I'm now looking for a replacement. Due to my job circumstances, I cannot
>> have a camera phone in my possession.
>>
>> I'm looking for voice dial and speakerphone - anything else is just a
>> bonus.
>> Just no camera.
>
> The LG VX4650 is an ideal choice. It's very similar to the 4400,
> functionally speaking, with the addition of a (very nice imo)
> speakerphone. It's also a bit lighter than the 4400 and the battery
> life is noticably better. It has voice dial, though I've never used it.
> It does not have a camera. The 4650 supports over-the-air firmware
> updating, which is a great feature -- if Verizon decides to use it.
>
> The LG VX4500 would also meet your requirements, and is bit cheaper.
> But imo it doesn't work as well as the 4650. It drops calls more often
> and the speakerphone is not as good.
July 19, 2005 10:12:47 PM

One more in agreement. Best phone for making and getting calls in our
family. We have a Moto v60s, LG 4500, Moto 265, and the kx1v.

The speakerphone isn't the greatest, just OK, but a great little phone
overall.

Dean
____________________________________
"Lena" <lenagainster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just got the Kyocera KX1v. Favorable reviews, nice feel.
>
> Lena

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:39:32 AM

It is a nice phone. I have one too.

"jfitz" <jfitz@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> "Lena" <lenagainster@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just got the Kyocera KX1v. Favorable reviews, nice feel.
>>
> I agree - excellent unit. We have three in our family.

July 20, 2005 9:36:06 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Now to see which one VZW will cover under the new every two. Will probably
replace both of our phones as both would be over three years.

Thanks again,
- -Bruce
!