USB VID/PID product list

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

There is a well know PCI product list, however I cannot find one for USB.

If you look up the VID/PID (vendor/product ID) in the registry -
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB - and search the 4 digit codes, you will
likely find a page at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ . However I cannot get
that site's search to work.

However, it does not always indicate the manufacturer, and rarely the chipset.

Does anyone know where the full list of Vendor IDs can be found, or product
lists?
3 answers Last reply
More about product list
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:28:45 -0800, "Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >There is a well know PCI product list, however I cannot find one for USB.
    >
    >If you look up the VID/PID (vendor/product ID) in the registry -
    >HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB - and search the 4 digit codes, you will
    >likely find a page at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ . However I cannot get
    >that site's search to work.
    >
    >However, it does not always indicate the manufacturer, and rarely the chipset.
    >
    >Does anyone know where the full list of Vendor IDs can be found, or product
    >lists?

    Go here: http://www.usb.org/developers/tools/

    At the bottom of this page is a link to the official usb.if "Company List"
    file. It's almost one thousand lines of text else I'd have pasted it here...

    /daytripper
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    "daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message news:uenh219t2ac5ddi6ek2ub5d6kv9vno6cfb@4ax.com
    > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:28:45 -0800, "Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > There is a well know PCI product list, however I cannot find one for USB.
    > >
    > > If you look up the VID/PID (vendor/product ID) in the registry -
    > > HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB - and search the 4 digit codes, you will
    > > likely find a page at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ . However I cannot get
    > > that site's search to work.
    > >
    > > However, it does not always indicate the manufacturer, and rarely the chipset.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where the full list of Vendor IDs can be found, or product
    > > lists?
    >
    > Go here: http://www.usb.org/developers/tools/
    >
    > At the bottom of this page is a link to the official usb.if "Company List"
    > file. It's almost one thousand lines of text else I'd have pasted it here...
    >
    > /daytripper

    And there is SIV, System Information Viewer that shows you directly
    what is on your USB buses, using a similar list.

    Anybody know of a similar list or app for parallel port (printer port) devices?
    I'm looking for a list that can identify Parallel to SCSI bridges.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:28:45 -0800, "Eric Gisin"
    <ericgisin@hotmail.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

    >There is a well know PCI product list, however I cannot find one for USB.
    >
    >If you look up the VID/PID (vendor/product ID) in the registry -
    >HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB - and search the 4 digit codes, you will
    >likely find a page at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ . However I cannot get
    >that site's search to work.
    >
    >However, it does not always indicate the manufacturer, and rarely the chipset.
    >
    >Does anyone know where the full list of Vendor IDs can be found, or product
    >lists?

    Vendor and product IDs:
    http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

    FWIW, the Windows 98SE CD has a usbview.exe utility which identifies
    attached USB devices. Here is how a Canon LBP-1120 laser printer is
    detected:

    Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0110
    bDeviceClass: 0x00