Gateway 2000 P5-75

Hi,

Maybe I should have listed this as a FS, but it remains to be seen....

I'm parting out the above type unit.... If there is anything you can use,
make me a reasonable offer, pay the shipping and you can have it. The whole
unit is almost $20 just to ship....... So, parting out - make life easier.

If interested in any parts of this system, e-mail me direct - remove the "no
spam" to reply.

Payment for any parts will be via Postal MO and parts will ship same or next
shipping day of payment received.

Thanks,

Lou

If you send it to me with a $50 bill I'll drive it to the recycle center for
you!

"L." <FFSTA17NO@SPAMACCESS995.COM> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Maybe I should have listed this as a FS, but it remains to be seen....
>
> I'm parting out the above type unit.... If there is anything you can use,
> make me a reasonable offer, pay the shipping and you can have it. The
whole
> unit is almost $20 just to ship....... So, parting out - make life easier.
>
> If interested in any parts of this system, e-mail me direct - remove the
"no
> spam" to reply.
>
> Payment for any parts will be via Postal MO and parts will ship same or
next
> shipping day of payment received.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

NomadPC

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Well, I have been all over trying to find out about this computer, so I'll ask and see if you can help me. I recently took apart my dad's Gateway P5-75 Family PC to clean it up. It hadn't been moved in like 10 years and was just covered with dust...but stupid me forgot to make a note about the fan/sound device that clips to the front of the case and when I put the fan back on it looked right, but now makes an incredibly loud whirring sound when I run it. It isn't overheating, but I'm worried I put it back wrong. Can you give me a little guidance?

*PS, I don't know much about these older PCs and that's why I cleaned it up, but fyi, if they made more than one style of this PC ours is a lay down tower (or whatever it is called when you can set the monitor on the actual tower.)

spam2me2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
FYI, my Gateway 2000 Pentium P5-75 always made a loud noise, even when new, and still does - that is, loud by most computers standards, but not like a vacuum cleaner or anything.