Need Help Identifying this Intel Processor marked "RK80546..

Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time to
make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood INTEL P4 XEON
processors.
What I don't know is what is their core speed, etc? Also, does anyone
what kind of motherboard these would work in? I would ask INTEL, but the
ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I believe that INTEL will not
provide any information re these CPU's unless I am a Developer. Not
interested in selling them, but I sure would like to make my LINUX box
faster. Below is a list of the info on the chips:

CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334F434-0015

CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334F434-0023

CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334L438-0015

Thanks for any help,
Quarlo
2 answers Last reply
More about need identifying intel processor marked rk80546

    Quarlo Clobregnny wrote:
    > Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
    > computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time
    > make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
    > FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood INTEL P4
    XEON
    > processors.
    > What I don't know is what is their core speed, etc? Also, does
    anyone
    > what kind of motherboard these would work in? I would ask INTEL, but
    the
    > ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I believe that INTEL
    will not
    > provide any information re these CPU's unless I am a Developer. Not
    > interested in selling them, but I sure would like to make my LINUX
    box
    > faster. Below is a list of the info on the chips:
    >
    > CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
    > QZE4 ES A4
    > C334F434-0015
    >
    > CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
    > QZE4 ES A4
    > C334F434-0023
    >
    > CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
    > QZE4 ES A4
    > C334L438-0015
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > Quarlo

    Intel's website has a lookup service that allows you to enter these
    kind of designations and get a translation into "English". I'm at work
    and won't be home until later so I don't have the URL handy but you may
    be able to find it yourself.
    Norm

    I have already been there many times looking for info. These CPU's are
    marked Engineering Sample and the nomenclature doesn't correspond to
    anything Intel has published.

    What I do know, is that they have a 1M cache and 604 pins. That rules out
    any of the P4 XEON with a FSB of 400 MHz.

    Thank you for your post, I appreciate the the thought.

    Quarlo
    <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message

    > Quarlo Clobregnny wrote:
    > > Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
    > > computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time
    > > make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
    > > FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood INTEL P4
    > XEON
    > > processors.
    > > What I don't know is what is their core speed, etc? Also, does
    > anyone
    > > what kind of motherboard these would work in? I would ask INTEL, but
    > the
    > > ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I believe that INTEL
    > will not
    > > provide any information re these CPU's unless I am a Developer. Not
    > > interested in selling them, but I sure would like to make my LINUX
    > box
    > > faster. Below is a list of the info on the chips:
    > >
    > > CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
    > > QZE4 ES A4
    > > C334F434-0015
    > >
    > > CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
    > > QZE4 ES A4
    > > C334F434-0023
    > >
    > > CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
    > > QZE4 ES A4
    > > C334L438-0015
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help,
    > > Quarlo
    >
    > Intel's website has a lookup service that allows you to enter these
    > kind of designations and get a translation into "English". I'm at work
    > and won't be home until later so I don't have the URL handy but you may
    > be able to find it yourself.
    > Norm

CPUs Intel Processors