Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Need Help Identifying this Intel Processor marked "RK80546..

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 9, 2005 6:44:54 PM

Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time to
make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood INTEL P4 XEON
processors.
What I don't know is what is their core speed, etc? Also, does anyone
what kind of motherboard these would work in? I would ask INTEL, but the
ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I believe that INTEL will not
provide any information re these CPU's unless I am a Developer. Not
interested in selling them, but I sure would like to make my LINUX box
faster. Below is a list of the info on the chips:

CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334F434-0015

CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334F434-0023

CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
QZE4 ES A4
C334L438-0015

Thanks for any help,
Quarlo

More about : identifying intel processor marked rk80546

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2005 10:20:44 AM

Quarlo Clobregnny wrote:
> Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
> computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time
> make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
> FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood INTEL P4
XEON
> processors.
> What I don't know is what is their core speed, etc? Also, does
anyone
> what kind of motherboard these would work in? I would ask INTEL, but
the
> ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I believe that INTEL
will not
> provide any information re these CPU's unless I am a Developer. Not
> interested in selling them, but I sure would like to make my LINUX
box
> faster. Below is a list of the info on the chips:
>
> CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
> QZE4 ES A4
> C334F434-0015
>
> CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
> QZE4 ES A4
> C334F434-0023
>
> CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
> QZE4 ES A4
> C334L438-0015
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Quarlo

Intel's website has a lookup service that allows you to enter these
kind of designations and get a translation into "English". I'm at work
and won't be home until later so I don't have the URL handy but you may
be able to find it yourself.
Norm
March 10, 2005 7:23:27 PM

I have already been there many times looking for info. These CPU's are
marked Engineering Sample and the nomenclature doesn't correspond to
anything Intel has published.

What I do know, is that they have a 1M cache and 604 pins. That rules out
any of the P4 XEON with a FSB of 400 MHz.

Thank you for your post, I appreciate the the thought.

Quarlo