Books we really need

Each to be written by the chip architect in charge. ;-)

"Why I thought the iAPX432 would take over the world"

"Why I thought the Transputer would take over the world"

"Why I thought the i860 would take over the world"

"Why I thought iA64 would take over the world"

"Why I thought the PS2 Emotion Engine (EE) would take over the world"

"Why I thought the Sun MAJC would take over the world"

"Why I think the PS3 Cell (aka EE2) will take over the world"

- do not overlook these classics:

"Why I thought RISC would take over the world"

"Why I redefined the x86 as a RISC so I could claim that RISC really
did take over the world."

- and coming soon to a bookstore near you:

"Why Joe Sixpack needs multiple CPU cores in his desktop computer"

Felger Carbon <fmsfnf@jfoops.net> wrote:
> Each to be written by the chip architect in charge. ;-)

> "Why I thought iA64 would take over the world"

Itanium Rising, by Jim Carlson and Jerry Huck
ISBN:0130464155
Published by Prentice Hall.

--
davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:12:16 GMT, "Felger Carbon" <fmsfnf@jfoops.net>
wrote:

>Each to be written by the chip architect in charge. ;-)
>
>"Why I thought the iAPX432 would take over the world"
>
>"Why I thought the Transputer would take over the world"
>
>"Why I thought the i860 would take over the world"
>
>"Why I thought iA64 would take over the world"
>
>"Why I thought the PS2 Emotion Engine (EE) would take over the world"
>
>"Why I thought the Sun MAJC would take over the world"
>
>"Why I think the PS3 Cell (aka EE2) will take over the world"
>
>- do not overlook these classics:
>
>"Why I thought RISC would take over the world"
>
>"Why I redefined the x86 as a RISC so I could claim that RISC really
>did take over the world."
>
>- and coming soon to a bookstore near you:
>
>"Why Joe Sixpack needs multiple CPU cores in his desktop computer"

A classic you missed, Felger:

"Why GPU's drove the attack of the killer micros while most of the
attention was elsewhere"

RM