I need some help, please!

digikid

I recently upgraded my out of date system to a more up to date system.
I installed an Abit NF8-V mobo and an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. I
reinstalled windows, and now it seems as though the system is accessing
the HDD way too much, and that is when I load internet explorer, for
example. I currently have 512 memory and an 80GB ATA\133 HDD. What do
you all think? Thanks in advance.

Tony Hill wrote:
> [snip]

>> What's worse, these days a fresh
>> install of WinXP *WILL* result in some sort of worm/virus/trojan
>> infection within a matter of minutes if you're PC is connected to the
>> internet without a firewall of some sort.
>
> Even if you install the software firewall that comes with XP?

--PS

TRENDING THREADS