How can I find why this machine does not boot from the CD ..

The motherboard is an ATC 2000 equipped with an Intel 430 HX chipset.
The BIOS is an Award Modular BIOS v4.51
(07/26/96-i420HX-2A59FA39C-00).

When I start the machine, the BIOS finds the ATAPI CD ROM drive.

A few seconds later, it displays: «Boot from ATAPI CD ROM:». I hear
the CD ROM drive spinning, but it boots from the hard disk.

The CD ROM disk boots on other machines, and the CD ROM drive seems to
work perfectly.

What steps should I take to find the cause of the problem?

Thank you very much for any suggestion.
--
Jean Castonguay
Électrocommande Pascal

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:33:58 UTC, "Jean Castonguay"
<jcastong@riq.qc.ca> wrote:

> The BIOS is an Award Modular BIOS v4.51
> (07/26/96-i420HX-2A59FA39C-00).

Correction 1:
The BIOS id string is:
(07/26/96-i430HX-2A59FA29C-00).

Correction 2:
Since I posted my first message, I was able to boot Knoppix Linux
from the CD ROM. Earlier, I had attempted to boot Fedora Core 2
without success.

I guess there is a format difference between the Knoppix and the
Fedora CD ROMs.
--
Jean Castonguay
Électrocommande Pascal