Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rambus got $150 millions from Infineon

Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 3:33:19 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
stock over the years. The losers are investors.

Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
times.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 3:33:20 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:33:19 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

>Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
>investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
>against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
>stock over the years. The losers are investors.
>
>Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
>million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
>Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
>PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
>times.

I'm shocked - SHOCKED! - that there is pumping & dumping going in with ScamBus
- I mean Rambus - stock!

;-)
March 28, 2005 3:33:21 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:42:22 -0500, daytripper wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:33:19 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>>investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
>>investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
>>against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
>>stock over the years. The losers are investors.
>>
>>Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
>>million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
>>Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
>>PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
>>times.
>
> I'm shocked - SHOCKED! - that there is pumping & dumping going in with ScamBus
> - I mean Rambus - stock!
>
> ;-)

Sure, the law firm of RamBUS, ScamBUS, and ShamBUS has figured out a way
to extort money to further *their* cause. Then again, why would anyone
think that *investors* went anywhere near that scam?

--
Keith
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 5:22:24 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
after
> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
nine-figure
> investors expected.

First, $150M _is_ nine figures.

Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
"$150M".
March 28, 2005 5:22:25 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:22:24 +0000, Felger Carbon wrote:

> "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
> after
>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
> nine-figure
>> investors expected.
>
> First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>
> Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
> $6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
> "$150M".


Me smells another pump in the air! Arr, arr, arr. Thar she blows!

--
Keith
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 5:22:25 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:22:24 GMT, "Felger Carbon" <fmsfnf@jfoops.net>
wrote:

>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
>after
>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
>nine-figure
>> investors expected.
>
>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>
>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
>"$150M".

Straight from the horses mouth:

"Rambus has granted to Infineon a worldwide license to existing and
future Rambus patents and patent applications for use in Infineon
memory products. In exchange, Infineon will pay a quarterly license
fee of US $5.85 million starting by November 15, 2005 through November
15, 2007. After November 15, 2007, and only if Rambus enters into
additional specified licensing agreements with certain other DRAM
manufacturers, Infineon will make additional quarterly payments which
may accumulate up to a maximum of an additional $100 million."

Source:
http://www.rambus.com/news/newsroom/pressrelease.cfm?id...


So we've got a minimum of $46.8M up to a possible maximum of $146.8M.
I guess $150M is a rounded up from the maximum value. FWIW this is
still a decent sized chunk of change for Rambus, increasing their
quaterly royalties by about 20% (as per their last Q3 of '04 quarterly
report, last one that they have published... anyone know what happened
to Q4 of '04?). On the other hand it mostly amounts to pocket change
from Infineon, well under 1% of revenue or about 2% of their profit.

-------------
Tony Hill
hilla <underscore> 20 <at> yahoo <dot> ca
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 6:39:04 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

"Felger Carbon" <fmsfnf@jfoops.net> wrote in message
news:k%I1e.6158$H06.1190@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
> after
> > investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
> nine-figure
> > investors expected.
>
> First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>
> Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
> $6M/qtr until 2007.

Yes, you are right. They didn't disclose the details. Just said up to $150M.
That is why the stock dropped.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 28, 2005 12:12:43 PM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Felger Carbon wrote:

(Outhouse-mangled text fixed)

>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
>>nine-figure investors expected.
>
>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>
>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
>"$150M".

We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
March 29, 2005 2:29:21 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:

> Felger Carbon wrote:
>
> (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)
>
>>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
>>>nine-figure investors expected.
>>
>>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>>
>>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
>>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
>>"$150M".
>
> We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.

Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).

--
Keith
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2005 10:29:24 AM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:29:21 -0500, keith <krw@att.bizzzz> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:
>
>> Felger Carbon wrote:
>>
>> (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)
>>
>>>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>>>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
>>>>nine-figure investors expected.
>>>
>>>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>>>
>>>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
>>>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
>>>"$150M".
>>
>> We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
>
>Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).

I don't know that any of the Rambus advocates would be helpful in
untangling it, but the most troubling part of the settlement is that
it doesn't appear to resolve any questions of ownership of
intellectual property.

The fact that Rambus has more resources from a settlement where no
questions of fact have been ruled on by a judge or a jury seems to
make it more likely, not less, that litigation will continue.

RM
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2005 7:58:55 PM

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:29:24 -0500, Robert Myers <rmyers1400@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:29:21 -0500, keith <krw@att.bizzzz> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:
>>
>>> Felger Carbon wrote:
>>>
>>> (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)
>>>
>>>>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:3pH1e.10286$S46.7529@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>>>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
>>>>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
>>>>>nine-figure investors expected.
>>>>
>>>>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
>>>>
>>>>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
>>>>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
>>>>"$150M".
>>>
>>> We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
>>
>>Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).
>
>I don't know that any of the Rambus advocates would be helpful in
>untangling it, but the most troubling part of the settlement is that
>it doesn't appear to resolve any questions of ownership of
>intellectual property.
>
>The fact that Rambus has more resources from a settlement where no
>questions of fact have been ruled on by a judge or a jury seems to
>make it more likely, not less, that litigation will continue.

Yep, the ball is now in the Micron err, court... something that
Infineon/RMBS was to supposed to help set the stage for. OTOH RMBS is
going to want to string all the others up first before it wants to face
down Micron. It could get ugly.

What really needs to be thrashed out first is the Mosaid/RMBS confrontation
- I haven't read anything since the initial filing of the Mosaid complaint
so assume it's still on the back burner.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
!