Rambus got $150 millions from Infineon

Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
stock over the years. The losers are investors.

Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
times.
10 answers Last reply
More about rambus millions infineon
  1. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:33:19 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:

    >Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
    >investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
    >investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
    >against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
    >stock over the years. The losers are investors.
    >
    >Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
    >million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
    >Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
    >PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
    >times.

    I'm shocked - SHOCKED! - that there is pumping & dumping going in with ScamBus
    - I mean Rambus - stock!

    ;-)
  2. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:42:22 -0500, daytripper wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:33:19 GMT, "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
    >>investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of nine-figure
    >>investors expected. That $150 millions will cover all patent litigation
    >>against Infineon. The winners here are all Rambus insiders who sell company
    >>stock over the years. The losers are investors.
    >>
    >>Also, Rambus quietly downsize this quarter's sales estimate to between $37
    >>million to $38 million. (Originally 38 millions to 42 millions dollars.)
    >>Possible cause-- the 18 month licensing contract for XDR interface for Sony
    >>PlayStation 3 has just expired, which was used to pump RMBS stock so many
    >>times.
    >
    > I'm shocked - SHOCKED! - that there is pumping & dumping going in with ScamBus
    > - I mean Rambus - stock!
    >
    > ;-)

    Sure, the law firm of RamBUS, ScamBUS, and ShamBUS has figured out a way
    to extort money to further *their* cause. Then again, why would anyone
    think that *investors* went anywhere near that scam?

    --
    Keith
  3. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    > Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
    after
    > investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    nine-figure
    > investors expected.

    First, $150M _is_ nine figures.

    Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    $6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    "$150M".
  4. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:22:24 +0000, Felger Carbon wrote:

    > "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
    > after
    >> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    > nine-figure
    >> investors expected.
    >
    > First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >
    > Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    > $6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    > "$150M".

    Me smells another pump in the air! Arr, arr, arr. Thar she blows!

    --
    Keith
  5. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:22:24 GMT, "Felger Carbon" <fmsfnf@jfoops.net>
    wrote:

    >"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
    >after
    >> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    >nine-figure
    >> investors expected.
    >
    >First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >
    >Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    >$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    >"$150M".

    Straight from the horses mouth:

    "Rambus has granted to Infineon a worldwide license to existing and
    future Rambus patents and patent applications for use in Infineon
    memory products. In exchange, Infineon will pay a quarterly license
    fee of US $5.85 million starting by November 15, 2005 through November
    15, 2007. After November 15, 2007, and only if Rambus enters into
    additional specified licensing agreements with certain other DRAM
    manufacturers, Infineon will make additional quarterly payments which
    may accumulate up to a maximum of an additional $100 million."

    Source:
    http://www.rambus.com/news/newsroom/pressrelease.cfm?id=179

    So we've got a minimum of $46.8M up to a possible maximum of $146.8M.
    I guess $150M is a rounded up from the maximum value. FWIW this is
    still a decent sized chunk of change for Rambus, increasing their
    quaterly royalties by about 20% (as per their last Q3 of '04 quarterly
    report, last one that they have published... anyone know what happened
    to Q4 of '04?). On the other hand it mostly amounts to pocket change
    from Infineon, well under 1% of revenue or about 2% of their profit.

    -------------
    Tony Hill
  6. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    "Felger Carbon" <fmsfnf@jfoops.net> wrote in message
    > "Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again
    > after
    > > investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    > nine-figure
    > > investors expected.
    >
    > First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >
    > Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    > $6M/qtr until 2007.

    Yes, you are right. They didn't disclose the details. Just said up to $150M.
    That is why the stock dropped.
  7. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    Felger Carbon wrote:

    (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)

    >"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
    >> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    >>nine-figure investors expected.
    >
    >First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >
    >Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    >$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    >"$150M".

    We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
  8. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:

    > Felger Carbon wrote:
    >
    > (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)
    >
    >>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Initially RMBS stock price soared to above $17.50, but sink again after
    >>> investors learned that Rambus only got $150 millions instead of
    >>>nine-figure investors expected.
    >>
    >>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >>
    >>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    >>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    >>"$150M".
    >
    > We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.

    Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).

    --
    Keith
  9. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:29:21 -0500, keith <krw@att.bizzzz> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Felger Carbon wrote:
    >>
    >> (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)
    >>
    >>>"Ar Q" <ArthurQ283@hottmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>First, $150M _is_ nine figures.
    >>>
    >>>Second, who said Rambus got $150M? Figure I got was just under
    >>>$6M/qtr until 2007. I'd sure like more info - a URL? - on that
    >>>"$150M".
    >>
    >> We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
    >
    >Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).

    I don't know that any of the Rambus advocates would be helpful in
    untangling it, but the most troubling part of the settlement is that
    it doesn't appear to resolve any questions of ownership of
    intellectual property.

    The fact that Rambus has more resources from a settlement where no
    questions of fact have been ruled on by a judge or a jury seems to
    make it more likely, not less, that litigation will continue.

    RM
  10. Archived from groups: misc.invest.stocks,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:29:24 -0500, Robert Myers <rmyers1400@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:29:21 -0500, keith <krw@att.bizzzz> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:12:43 -0600, chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Felger Carbon wrote:
    >>>
    >>> (Outhouse-mangled text fixed)

    >>> We need John Corse to come back and sort this out for us.
    >>
    >>Bite your damned tongue (at least you only said it once).
    >
    >I don't know that any of the Rambus advocates would be helpful in
    >untangling it, but the most troubling part of the settlement is that
    >it doesn't appear to resolve any questions of ownership of
    >intellectual property.
    >
    >The fact that Rambus has more resources from a settlement where no
    >questions of fact have been ruled on by a judge or a jury seems to
    >make it more likely, not less, that litigation will continue.

    Yep, the ball is now in the Micron err, court... something that
    Infineon/RMBS was to supposed to help set the stage for. OTOH RMBS is
    going to want to string all the others up first before it wants to face
    down Micron. It could get ugly.

    What really needs to be thrashed out first is the Mosaid/RMBS confrontation
    - I haven't read anything since the initial filing of the Mosaid complaint
    so assume it's still on the back burner.

    --
    Rgds, George Macdonald

CPUs Hardware Infineon Product