The funniest thing about Grand Theft Auto...

is how all the parked cars are unlocked and have the keys in the
ignition.
13 answers Last reply
More about funniest thing grand theft auto

    "Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > is how all the parked cars are unlocked <not always true>
    > and have the keys in the ignition. <very careless or trusting people in

    Another funny thing is if you steal someone's car from outside their house
    and drive around the block or out of the area and come back, they've already
    bought a replacement...and usually the same car.

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:05:08 +0100, Razor wrote:

    > "Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> is how all the parked cars are unlocked <not always true> and have the
    >> keys in the ignition. <very careless or trusting people in GTA>
    >
    > Another funny thing is if you steal someone's car from outside their house
    > and drive around the block or out of the area and come back, they've
    > already bought a replacement...and usually the same car.

    this is why it is called "a game".

    In message <1117241703.821001.180000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
    "Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > is how all the parked cars are unlocked and have the keys in the
    > ignition.

    It's worth pointing out that the only game in the series so far to have
    an ignition noise when you enter a vehicle is GTA2.

    I've also noticed that if you leave a car to make it stay in the game's
    memory (Running away from it so the doors stays open), the engine
    doesn't cut out. If you exit a car and CJ slams the door, the engine
    does go out, and the headlights turn themselves off.
    Doesn't happen every time for some reason.

    On a similar note, does anybody else think that they changed the
    characteristics of the cars for the Los Santos Riots? They seem to
    explode much more easily.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Yes, the cars explode much more easily in the riots, but also during
    any gang war.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > On a similar note, does anybody else think that they changed the
    > characteristics of the cars for the Los Santos Riots? They seem to
    > explode much more easily.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --

    that's one way of putting it. Those other burning vehicles are
    literally booby traps but your car can blow apart just passing one...
    not so bad for CJ but if he happens to have Sweet or someone in with
    him it's back to the beginning of whatever tedious mission you're on.
    I'm not a fan of the later section although the rioters themselves are
    funny

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    Red Schism wrote in

    > is how all the parked cars are unlocked and have the keys in the
    > ignition.

    A professional car thief hotwires his steals.

    And if you consider that a "day" in GTA time is 24 minutes in real time (one
    real second = one game minute), then everything is actually happening very
    slowly!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message

    > "Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> is how all the parked cars are unlocked <not always true>
    >> and have the keys in the ignition. <very careless or trusting people in
    >> GTA>
    >
    > Another funny thing is if you steal someone's car from outside their house
    > and drive around the block or out of the area and come back, they've
    > already bought a replacement...and usually the same car.

    Maybe insurance companies give better service in the GTA cities. Heaven
    knows the premiums must be high enough.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Red Schism wrote in
    >>
    >> is how all the parked cars are unlocked and have the keys in the
    >> ignition.
    >
    > A professional car thief hotwires his steals.
    >
    > And if you consider that a "day" in GTA time is 24 minutes in real time
    > (one real second = one game minute), then everything is actually happening
    > very slowly!
    ....except that this means that in real terms, everyone is walking around at
    something approaching 30mph!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <1117404619.621309.189340@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
    "Red Schism" <redschism@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Yes, the cars explode much more easily in the riots, but also during
    > any gang war.

    Can't say I've noticed the gang war cars. One thing I have noticed is
    that the first time I went for territories in Los Santos at the start
    of the game, the gang members in the cars (Mostly Ballas, but
    occasionally Vagos) didn't get out and start shooting.

    Upon doing them on CJ's return to LS, they now do.

    If anybody's still having trouble doing these I worked out a sure-fire
    (Excuse the pun) tactic; Run about a block away, turn back and snipe
    them all. If they're all running from the same direction (And you can
    lure them too) they'll all line up in a running line of cannon fodder!

    Joy!

    Cheers,
    Rob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <429c320a$1@nntp.onyx.net>
    "Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote:

    > Maybe insurance companies give better service in the GTA cities. Heaven
    > knows the premiums must be high enough.

    I've yet to see any insurance companies in the GTA series, funny that
    innit? Plenty of banks though <fx: cocks shotgun>

    yee haw!

    Rob
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Chris Wright wrote in news:429c326e$1@nntp.onyx.net:

    > "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Red Schism wrote in
    > > >
    > > > is how all the parked cars are unlocked and have the keys in the
    > > > ignition.
    > >
    > > A professional car thief hotwires his steals.
    > >
    > > And if you consider that a "day" in GTA time is 24 minutes in real
    > > time (one real second = one game minute), then everything is
    > > actually happening very slowly!
    > ...except that this means that in real terms, everyone is walking
    > around at something approaching 30mph!

    Actually, more like 90mph. Average walking speed is almost 4mph, and
    multipled by 24 (since the GTA clock is 24 times faster than a real clock)
    means something way above 72mph and probably just below 96mph.

    Running speed is between 15mph and 20mph, which translates to 360 to 480mph!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > Chris Wright wrote in news:429c326e$1@nntp.onyx.net:
    >>
    >> "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Red Schism wrote in

    >> > A professional car thief hotwires his steals.
    >> >
    >> > And if you consider that a "day" in GTA time is 24 minutes in real
    >> > time (one real second = one game minute), then everything is
    >> > actually happening very slowly!
    >> ...except that this means that in real terms, everyone is walking
    >> around at something approaching 30mph!
    >
    > Actually, more like 90mph. Average walking speed is almost 4mph, and
    > multipled by 24 (since the GTA clock is 24 times faster than a real clock)
    > means something way above 72mph and probably just below 96mph.
    >
    > Running speed is between 15mph and 20mph, which translates to 360 to
    > 480mph!
    I bow to your more accurate mathematics! I wonder how fast a PCJ600 at full
    pelt is really going then? The speed of light???
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Chris Wright wrote in news:42a5b935$1@nntp.onyx.net:

    > "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Chris Wright wrote in news:429c326e$1@nntp.onyx.net:
    > > >
    > > > "JPM III" <jpmccord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > > ...except that this means that in real terms, everyone is walking
    > > > around at something approaching 30mph!
    > >
    > > Actually, more like 90mph. Average walking speed is almost 4mph, and
    > > multipled by 24 (since the GTA clock is 24 times faster than a real
    > > clock) means something way above 72mph and probably just below
    > > 96mph. Running speed is between 15mph and 20mph, which translates to 360
    > > 480mph!
    > I bow to your more accurate mathematics! I wonder how fast a PCJ600
    > at full pelt is really going then? The speed of light???

    03 mph * 24 = 72 mph walking speed
    15 mph * 24 = 360 mph running speed
    30 mph * 24 = 720 mph slow driving speed
    60 mph * 24 = 1440 mph fast driving speed
    90 mph * 24 = 2160 mph highway speed
    200 mph * 24 = 4800 mph jet flying speed

Cars Games Video Games